Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Nice Day – Pot Luck And All

Today……I’ writing this at 3 AM and it’s a little hard to remember the do nothing day I had.

We started of by having breakfast with George & Valerie at the Q town Cafe across the street from the Qsite Yacht Club.  Their regular cook was off.  I noticed a difference in the omelet and commented to the waitress.  She said their regular cook was off today.  My omelet was still good but not as good as the other day.  Denny stopped by and we had a good time.

Then we…then we…. I don’t remember.

A few more people arrived during the day.

Later Denny and I went over to Victor’s new rig.  We helped him with reinstalling his solar stuff.  Well, Denny did.  I was like a federal supervisor.  I didn’t know what they were doing but I was telling them how to it.  As long as they kept moving I was doing my job.  He installed an extra two batteries for a total of 6 house batteries.  That’s nice. SDC12265

 

Here’s some other RV’s he was near on BLM north of Qsite out Pomosa Road.SDC12264 

On the way back I thought it would be nice to have one of those last minute pot lucks.  These throw the girls into a frenzy because they don’t know what to bring.  I remembered we had a couple packages of smoked pulled pork in the freezer so that took care of that.  We called the girls who immediately went into the panic mode. It all worked out very well thanks to the girls…brownie points……… SDC12267SDC12268We ended the day with a nice little campfire plus no wind.  I think we got 7 rigs here now with more due to arrive tomorrow.  Five of us parked like a circle of the wagons as possible wind barriers.SDC12263  

Tomorrow as all days will be an interesting one.  Carol has it all figured what we have to do and I’m just going along for the ride.  Not to much thought for this boy.. 

I published yesterday’s blog a day late(same time as this one) so you might want to go back one day. It has some funny pictures.

See ya….