Sunday, December 31, 2017

Getting Here In Sierra Vista, AZ

We left Livingston the day after Christmas as usual.  Before we did, I washed the Winnebago and the Jeep.  Yes, we now have a new 2017 Jeep.DSC_0004

It got a little nippy….DSC_0019DSC_0017DSC_0016

We then left and drove about 400 miles to a stop for a night that we had been before.  The town was Eldorado, TX and the place was at their court house.  They have a nice big parking lot and the local police was there also.  Plus they had left their vendors electrical poles on.  I couldn’t find the 50 to 30 amp plug so we ran a 110 extension cord to our indoor little heater.  It worked fine.

The next morning it was damn cold.  Like in the high 20’s.  We lived so we left.  Then it started to drizzle.  Yes, that means icy roads and of course the windshield.  We pulled over about 20 miles down the road.DSC_0020DSC_0021DSC_0026

In the day it got up to 40 degrees while driving I believe.  The second night we stopped in Van Horn at a Passport America to get unfroze. 

The next day we drove to a military famcamp, Fort Apache at Sierra Vista, AZ.  Real nice and $132 a week.  We will tour the area in the Jeep, Bisbee, Tombstone, etc.. during the week and and show some picture then. 

Nothing New Year Eve….. no big deal anymore.

SYWWSY (see you when we see you)

Sunday, December 17, 2017

It Could Happen Soon

Getting it together, not that I ever had it together.  Looking at 1 January to pick it up again.  Plenty of stories with Verizon, Direct TV, Winnebago and a few others to include full time RVing going on our 18th year.


Wednesday, November 22, 2017


Getting closer…….

Tuesday, October 24, 2017


Might get the blog back up…..

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Alaska Adventure Ends Again

Just had fun camping on the edge of outer areas in and around Alaska.  It’s been fun again for sure.

In Tok, AK getting ready to go on our next adventure.

Future of this blog is unknown for a variety of reasons, sorry.DSC_0038

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Seward Wednesday June 21

We had 70 miles to go to Seward.  Hard day isn’t it?  We left about 8:30 AM.  Along the way…DSC_0001DSC_0002DSC_0003

Hey, we saw a moose…DSC_0011


We are camped right on the water.  No hook ups $20 bucks a night.  The view is great.  Some drizzle, heavy overcast,  temps in the 50’s.DSC_0025

The Bald Eagle has the guts that Mark threw out from the one fish he and Ed caught today.DSC_0021DSC_0027

We are with Mark, Ed & Sandy, Jon & Sue and Bob & Tammi.  We are all parked next to each other on the waterfront except Bob & Tammi. They are one row back.

Sue & Carol went and reserved seats for a sight seeing boat tour for Thursday.  It’s a 6 hour Kenai Fjords Nat Pk Cruise ($159 each).  We never have done this cruise so this is new to us.  For some reason they kept my name off the reservation list!?

Retirement is having the ability saying, “You are wrong!”.

See ya when we see ya….

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

No Hope Tuesday June 20

I woke up about 6 AM to rain.  I leave the awning out so we can have a dry place outside.  No wind so it’s been OK here and elsewhere.  Outside was in the mid 40’s and inside 50’s.  I lite the portable LP and was up to 70 degrees in no time.  Our voltage is at 12.2V.  No leaks, all is good and there is Hope.

I got a call from Alaska Destinations and Adventures canceling my RESERVATION for a charter.  They said it was booked full for a week.  Long story…they over booked on purpose or their reservation system failed.  Either way… it’s cancelled.  Plus, because of my attitude with them they banned me from future charters.  They said it was because of my threating manners which they could not explain.  You have a company cancel your reservations and see how you like it.  Yes, I was mad but cool.  I think I stumped them as to why they cancelled my reservations.  I think I pissed them off earlier so they took the easy road and cancelled.  I was inquiring about all their surcharges and fees.  One thing is that they couldn’t answer my questions and became very defensive like I shouldn’t be questioning their other FEES.  They added $100 dollars to a $300 ticket.  Anyhow, no charter.  Now I have to wait to get a credit for my Visa charge.  BEWARE with this big company in the Tour Saver Book which we endorsed for many years.

It rained until after lunch.  Then Carol, Mark, Ed, Sandy and myself played a board game.  I forget what the name is.  It resembles the Sorry game.  I think we played 5 games of it.  It was a blast for sure. 

Sue and Jon came over for a while.  We’re trying to find out what all of our plans are.  We settled for all of us going to Seward tomorrow (Wed).  Ed is going on a fishing charter Thursday.  He booked his reservation hours after me – not cancelled.  He didn’t ask them any questions is why his wasn’t cancelled.  Oh well…..

I think we ended the group around 9:30 PM or so.  We were outside a few hours for sure.

Retirement is having the ability to ask, “why.”

See ya when we see ya…..

Monday, June 19, 2017

Hope Again Monday June 19

Well, we drove (us and Mark) the 40 miles to Hope again. DSC_0011 This time it was empty compared to no vacancy  before.  The Seaview Bar/Restaurant/RV Park had one RV.  Their bar and restaurant don’t open till Wednesday.  Oh well, we will miss that adventure.  Maybe another time. So we drove over to Porcupine USFS, no HU, $18 night.  Along the way we met a Porcupine that was crossing the road.  He was greeting us.DSC_0005

Just a few miles before we were greeted by a moose.DSC_0001DSC_0002DSC_0010

Back to to USFS park.  We had old fart passes so it was only $9.DSC_0013DSC_0014DSC_0016

Jon & Sue Glick are here.  Sue Valentine, Jan/Bill Mains and Harry/Carlena Schoolcraft left after one night.  They only spent the one night in the area.  Loosey Goosey.

Us along with Mark, Jon/Sue Glick, Ed/Sandy Kruty had a party all day long.  We got tired out after dinner and only partied a little bit longer.  It was great seeing Ed & Sandy for the first time.

I booked a fishing charter for Seward for the 22nd.  So it looks like we will move down there the day before.

It started to rain off and on here in Hope during the day, not too bad.  Later it started to rain the wet rain and continued through the night.  I’m glad were on asphalt.

Retirement is having Hope and being there too.

See ya when we see ya……

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Williwaw USFS Sunday June 18

So we (Carol, Mark, me) went on a morning hike…. from our campsite.DSC_0001DSC_0002DSC_0004

Bottom of a small glacierDSC_0005DSC_0010DSC_0013

We went thru here somehow.  A lot of moose poo..DSC_0014DSC_0015DSC_0016DSC_0019DSC_0022DSC_0020DSC_0023DSC_0025

And the end of the little hike.DSC_0027

We all set out most of the day and evening.  We even built a fire and used wood not LP.  Skeeters were out but under control.

We tried to get a fishing charter for Seward but we needed an internet.  I guess that will be on the To Do List for tomorrow.

We figure we will go back to Hope and meet Jon & Sue Glick who are already there.  They saw Jan/Bill and Harry/Carlena leave.  We thought they would stick around but Loosey Goosey.  Ed & Sandy Kruty said they would meet us there before noon (Monday).

42 degrees outside this AM.  Inside 52 degrees.  Turn on the portable LP heater!  No wind.

Retirement is Loosey Goosey at times.

See when we see ya…..

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Hopeless Saturday June 17

We left Anchorage about 8:30 AM and went to Walmart.  The base didn’t open till 9 AM and we didn’t want to wait.  We stocked up some more.

We’re going down to the city of Hope about 100 miles south.DSC_0002DSC_0006DSC_0010DSC_0014DSC_0016DSC_0019DSC_0020DSC_0021DSC_0023DSC_0028

There is really Hope……….DSC_0029

We didn’t get any pictures of Hope.  The city when you look at it, it appears to already lost Hope about 2-3 decades ago. We were too busy trying to get a site to get pictures.  Seems like we forgot that it was Father’s Day weekend and the very rustic camp was full.  Even the nearby US Forest Svc (USFS) campground was full.  Bill and Jan were there as were the Harry and Carlena.  They were looking but already had reserved sites just down the road a we bit. 

Carol & I decided to go to Williwaw which is a USFS campground near Portage Glacier towards Whittier.  They had about a dozen sites left out of 60 some sites.  No problem.  We found ours and claimed it. 

This is a glacier right across from our site but is hidden by the overcast here.  We saw it without the overcast and it was really nice.  It even had blue ice showing then.DSC_0032

Well, we called Mark let him know about Hope.  He decided to come up from Seward and he too was Hopeless.  The park is now full by the time he got here.  We had a plan C.  He came to our site and backed into our long site.  .  We went up and talked to the Host who said as long as we weren’t on the grass or sticking out in the road she didn’t care.  We were here under the old fart pass and it was $9 bucks.  Adding Mark didn’t add any cost to the site.  It was no HU.DSC_0033

We found out later that Sue Valentine was at a rest area near Hope and was staying there.  She will check out Hope Sunday and see if the locals left hope for us and a site.  We will then move back to Hope Sunday and have Hope again.  It has a bar and a restaurant next to the so called camp sites.  That’s the kind of Hope we’re looking for at the moment.

We cooked some chicken on the grill and ate inside.  Then we all sat outside until about 10 PM.  The skeeters were out but the wind kept most of them away.  The big ones could navigate in the wind but we just ducked when they came zooming by.

Being here in a glacier valley it was kinda like opening the door to your freezer.  After a while we got use to wearing heavy coats and hats.  We just BSed until we ran out of stories.

Retirement is having Hope whenever possible.

See ya when we see ya hopefully.