Tuesday, December 3, 2013

El Paso, TX I think

At least that’s where we think we are at.  It’s been a whirlwind kind of day.  We wanted to make it Ft Bliss campground before they filled up.  We were on the road by about 6:30 AM with 275 miles to go.  We stopped at got fuel in Wickett, TX for $3.59.  They had DEF and I had to drive into the truck fuel pumps backwards to fill up.  The dog on think wouldn’t hook up to my tank…the hell with it. I still have a little of 1/4 tank left which should do for awhile.

Pictures along the way yesterday and today….DSC_0003 DSC_0009 DSC_0010 DSC_0022 DSC_0024 DSC_0029 DSC_0034  DSC_0038 DSC_0041

When we got in the El Paso area we stopped at the Freightliner dealer and they said they had the equipment to check the front end and could get to us after lunch.  Carol drove the Jeep to Ft Bliss campground because they only had two sites left and don’t take reservations.  She returned a little later.  They took our Baby in on a special alignment machine and checked her.  The conclusion was that toe in was way out and everything else was within specs.  I took it out for a test drive and it failed.  Talked with the shop manager and he said he would call Freightliner tomorrow first thing (2 hrs ahead of this time zone).  He wants to adjust the caster out of specs if they they don’t have any suggestions but he needs their approval.  They crossed over the front tires and at that time I asked them to put my automatic wheel balancers on which they did – no problem.  they seemed to care about the work they put out and do right the first time.

We pulled out about 5 PM in the middle of traffic.  The rig was still pulling to the right .  We got back to base.  I emptied our tanks and filled our water tank and then disconnected it all.  We got to be back at Freightliner at about 8 AM for more work.  Hopefully they will take care of our power steering reservoir leak also.  I think it’s a minor thing.

In the middle of all this I took my Nikon lens to Precision Camera repair.  I saw them on the internet and their reviews were good.  they advertise in house repairs and a 2-3 day turn around.  Well, it was going to be a 7-10 day turn around and $200 plus shipping.  No thanks.  I told them how disappointed I was in them for their statement about the 2-3 day turnaround.  They weren’t aware of it.  They don’t care then I don’t care about doing business with them.  $200 was high as far as I was concerned.