Friday, March 1, 2013

Stay Or Go-The Answer Is?

Well, it was a 60 mile run to the Dr’s and during rush hour.  Oh well.  You know when a little yellow gas pump comes on your dash you are low on fuel.  You know you are even lower when the dash starts blinking LOW FUEL.  So we drove a little more and I stopped and got fuel.  I really hated paying $3.89.  I guess that’s why I waited.  It took 17 gallons.  It’s a 18.6 tank.  I had another 25 or so miles left.  $65 to fill up a small Jeep.  That’s insane!

So, the doctor appointment.  Are we staying here in AZ or?  First I had to fill out 5 million pieces of paper.  Then I got a hearing test.  You know.  That little room you go in and can hear your body functions and you push a little button when you hear a noise.  Well, the results were I had upper hearing frequency loss.  My excuse was that I’ve been married over 40 years.  Then I see the ear doc.  He vacuumed my injured ear out.  It sounded like a little Hoover vacuum machine in my hear.  Damn, I could have done that.  He said it’s still infected some but looked good otherwise.  The ear canal will open up a little more when the swelling goes down but it is, what it is.  No need for further surgery.  He gave me a script for ear drops and see him again next Friday.  He wanted to talk about the possibility of hearing aids.  I replied that possibility does not exist yet.  I said my friends say “What” a hell of a lot more than I do by far.  He said well then we will have to wait until I join that group.  He wants me to come back to make sure the swelling/infection goes away for sure.  He seems to be on the ball and explains everything to us quite well.

Back at the Ranch.  It’s time for La Fiesta.  Residents celebrate the the building of North Ranch in 19 something something.  It started at 6 PM.  That’s 5:30 Escapee time.  By 9 PM the place was pretty empty.  You know it was past bed time for many.  Here are some pics of singers and skits.  The host was Ed Kruty.  He’s the one with the 20 year old tie.DSC_0139 DSC_0142 DSC_0148 DSC_0155 DSC_0160 DSC_0181 DSC_0190 DSC_0192 DSC_0205 DSC_0209 DSC_0210 DSC_0214 DSC_0226 DSC_0230 DSC_0242 DSC_0249 DSC_0253 DSC_0264 DSC_0270 DSC_0275

And the party is over……

We were going to leave Sunday which was already Plan B.  Now that we have to stay another week we go into Plan C.  Ed & Sandy are so kind in letting us stay on their lot.  We are getting tired of washing walls, waxing floors and doing all the cooking for them.

When we leave here we go to Menifee (Hemet, CA) for Carol’s line dancing really.  Then the following Friday we have to find a place for two nights to stay before the Chapter 44 Rally in Mesa.  We can’t go in there until Sunday.  The line dancing park is full.  I  evidentially wrote down the wrong entry dates for the chapter rally.  Things must change for what ever the reasons.  We’re flexible.