Wednesday, November 6, 2013

OK – Another Great Active Day

It’s 7 AM, sun is up and it’s 70 degrees out (Tuesday).  How sweet it is.

I figured what better way to start off a day than to visit the local DMV to register the Baby at 8 AM.  What could be a better experience than dealing with the rigors of a local government office.  In & out in 15 minutes and the girl filled out all the paperwork.  I had a lot of paperwork that Lazydays sent us.  I had everything right (Lazydays).  I left with tags in hand.  Our yearly registration will cost $350 in Texas.DSC_0004-001

Next was NAPA to pick up the 140 lbs of batteries (2).  No problem.  In and out in less than 5 minutes. 

Next was O Reilly Auto Parts store.  I need some heat shield material.  The exhaust on the coach is a little too close to the Tow Defender rock guard material when towing.  DSC_0010 The exhaust pipe melted a small part of the tow shield already.  I didn’t want to use the 12 inch tow bar extension that I already have.  So I got some heat shield material.  DSC_0003-001 I will put it on the the Tow Defender material somehow to stop the melting from the exhaust.  They had exactly what I wanted and was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

Then I went to the HEB grocery store because they have steaks on sale ever so often.  Yepper, porterhouse steaks for $4 a lb.  I got two packages.  In and out in 10 minutes.

Wow, everything is going so good.  I figured it was time for a Burger King 50 cents senior coffee.  The ladies behind the counter were a hoot joking around with me.  They had a BBQ pork sandwich for a $1 served anytime.  What the hell.  I got two.  The fresh onions were good.  The pork wasn’t too bad.  Better than McDonalds McRib by far.  That thing tastes like recycled wet paper.

I got back to the lot and still have the whole day left.  Sometimes it just works out great and today so far was that way.  I have just about finished organizing my area around the dinette table.  All storage areas around the dinette area are now full.  All I have to do now is remember what went where.

Time to start up the Bardley Smoker.  I started it up about 5 PM today that means the pork will be ready about noon tomorrow (Thursday).  Here they are just soaking up the seasonings for a few hours before putting in the smoker. DSC_0008 DSC_0009 After they smoke for the 20 hours I will roll the pork up in tin foil and a towel and put it in an air tight container.  It continues to cook in its own juices.  Around 6 PM take it out and pull it apart.  Thus smoke pulled pork.  I was up to 11 PM taking care of these babies, spraying them with apple juice and refilling the water.  I hope the possum don’t come back.  It could accidently unplug things.

Since Boot Camp will be going on starting on Friday Carol & I always have a cook out for the instructors and staff.  We’ve been doing this for several years so it’s kinda of a tradition I guess.  It’s a lot of fun and BSing.  Mac the Fire Guy won’t be here this year because he’s having body parts on himself replaced and is on the West Coast.  He use to beat up people if they took his pulled pork bark.  Bark is the black crust on the outside of the pork.

I got an email from Verizon.  We only have 10% left on our phone usage for the next two weeks.  Damn Direct TV…..hours and hours on the phone with them yahoos.

See ya……