Thursday, November 21, 2013

Burrrrrr Time To Move

I worked on the towing hitch.  I needed to get the rock net shield material away from the exhaust.  It was starting to melt due to the high temp exhaust pipes on these new engines.  I tried sewing heat shield material to the rock shield.  That didn’t work.  So I went back to the 12 inch extension with the anti movement devices (3).  I don’t like any movement in the hitch to receiver bars.  DSC_0003Adding a 12 inch bar to the receiver reduced my towing limit in half.  Now instead of being able to 10,000 lbs I can only tow 5,000 lbs.  The Jeep only weighs about 3,500 lbs so I’m well within my limits.  There is no tongue weight (straight down) on the hitch.  DSC_0002

 

Different colors this morning….DSC_0004 DSC_0005 DSC_0006

As I was finishing up it started to rain.  Starting Saturday and thru Monday the temps will be in the 40’s (day high) and 30’s (night low) plus rain.  Then Tuesday thru Thru it’s suppose to be in the 50’s and 30’s.  Do you notice a trend here.  The 30’s at night and full timers don’t go well together.  After Turkey day we have to get the mobile ready for storage plus get the Mariner ready for long term storage.  Plus turn off the water and all that stuff.  It’s not hard work, it just eats the clock up the day before we leave which is Saturday the 30th.

Denny Orr has been harassing me.  He calls from AZ saying how nice it is and that they go ATVing about everyday.  I think I will glue his tires to the ground when we get out there.  Just heard on the news that they will be getting 3-5 inches of rain in the 24 hours.  Ahhhhhhhhhh.

See ya…..