Saturday, July 16, 2016

Back to Normal

After yesterday anything is a good day.  We pulled out from Campground Sucks with about 150 miles to Essex Junction,Vermont.  Carol got these pictures along the way.DSC_0001DSC_0007DSC_0018

OK.. something new..text stop.DSC_0020

Notice all the wires…..DSC_0027DSC_0028

Tunnels where anyplace and every where around small towns in NY.  We had to change our route several times.DSC_0032

DSC_0050

I had no problem driving down small streets like this.DSC_0052 The police had these bikers all pulled over for ?DSC_0054

We found a bridge over Lake George from NY to VT.  We could have taken a ferry but with a 30,000 weight limit I didn’t want to push it.  We’re about 31,000.DSC_0060

We arrived at Essex Junction about 12:30 or so.  I’m down to about a 1/4 tank of fuel.  Diesel is running about $2.50 a gallon.  I was waiting to get it about $2.25…. dreaming evidently.  We set up at our temporary FHU site for now as did others.  Next week we will move to another site for the Escapade.

Our rig was dirty from about 10 minutes of rain on the interstate the other day.  That gets a rig real dirty quick.  I washed it before we left WV.  It figures.  When we arrived here I gave the rig a bucket wash…..kinda.  I got the bugs off the front.  Then I wiped down one side.  Then I washed and shined the wheels and  tires.  Now I got one side left to do along with the rear end .  The rear will be the hardest to do because it’s coated with a lot of road grime.  Oh well, another day.

There’s about 2 dozen of us here now.  Our jobs are to start prepping the facility for Escapade attendees.  The regular advance staff will start coming in next Wednesday.  Boot Camp starts Thursday and Escapade regular attendees come in Saturday and Sunday for five days.

My job is……. it’s……. and I ……… then ……?

Here’s the staff at dinner.  The Escapade Directors put on this dinner of brats and burgers for us.  They do another dinner Sunday.  Mark does one Monday and my turn is Tuesday.  Guess what I will prepare?  After that we don’t eat for a week I think. DSCN1234DSCN1236DSCN1239

Those bottles on the table are all booze.  We want to make sure the local liquor is drinkable for future attendees.DSCN1240

Time for a discussion on something that got listeners.DSCN1241

Come about darkness we all went back to our rigs for a very quiet evening.  We get great cell phone service and WiFi.

It was a good day.

See ya…….