Thursday, May 30, 2013

New Tires X 8?

I was leaning towards not getting tires before we head for Alaska next year.  It looks like we will be adding an additional 5,000 miles before we leave because of a change of recent plans.  Our tires were made June 06.  They have about 42K on them now and will have about 52K on them when we leave next year.  That means they would have about 62-63K miles upon our return.  That’s a little too much for me.  I tell people if they have less than half their tread left they should go ahead and get new ones before heading for Alaska, especially if they are big tires like 22.5.  Our tires are wearing even, no cracks and have about 1/2 there tread right now.  Sometime next year about Feb-March I will get tires.  Do I get 6 or 8, what brand, which type, regroveable or not, which store and in what state?  It won’t be Oregon because it will be too far out of the way.  They are big tires 305X70X22.5 load range L.  I hate to pay the price for Michelins.  Maybe Toyos M144.

To sum it up.  I was bored today and it was windy.

See ya.