Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Day Double Header

Memorial Day – 21 years in the Marine Corps active duty, one tour in Viet Nam and 9 years in the inactive reserves subject to recall.  I don’t need to say anything more besides been there done that.  Semper Fi!

My Nikon lens needs repair.  Does anybody personally know of any repair facilities?  I got two in Illinois from the internet but I rather use one that someone has used if you know what I mean.  I more or less dropped the camera/lens at the Lodi Rally and the lens just isn’t the same.  The camera body is fine.  I used Carol’s Nikon and the lens just isn’t up to snuff.  I think it’s a ring inside of it making it a little hard to manually zoom.  It still shoots clear pictures. 

Today is a double header race wise.  We got the Indy 500 open wheel racing this morning.  These guys are really crazy with those open wheels and 220 MPH.  If they touch anything they are wrecked big time.  It was a pretty clean and good race.

Then NASCAR this afternoon.  They can bump a little and they race for 600 miles.  I know I go for 600 miles in a day but not at 180 MPH.  It was a bang up race.

Carol took these pics today.DSC_0002 DSC_0014

Then the rains came and did they along with the wind that seems to stop only for darkness sometimes.DSC_0003  DSC_0012

The sprinklers with the hard water and mother nature aren’t helping me clean the Beast so I get the hint.   I 'ill stop trying to shine the Beast at least for awhile.

See ya….