Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jello Schedule & OOOOOOOOOps

Ooops I hurt my back again.  I knew that BBQ Box was way to heavy.  I hurt but will try not to take any meds.  That just sets me up to hurt myself more when I don’t feel any pain.  Hey, you’re getting old too!!!!

This morning I’m working on our schedule after the September Escapade.  I’ve had it set up but just fine tuning it a little more as time moves forward. It’s in Jello that is starting to firm up. We will probably go to Hart Ranch for a week after the Escapade (28 Aug-2 Sep).  This will be after our Alaska adventure.  Hart Ranch is one of our favorite parks.  We will do the tourist thing again with the local attractions.  Then from there we will head for Nappane, IN home of Newmar.  Hey, it’s closer than Red Bay, AL home of Tiffin. I have a few questions for them, etc.  Plus we will be coming back from our maiden voyage (Alaska) and probably have a few things they can take care of under warranty. Then we will probably head for Baltimore and do the relative thing.  Once that is over we head for Celina, OH for the Gypsy Journal Rally (25-29 Sept).  I want to get my next orange T-shirt. Then the next event is the RVIA Pomona Show in LA 14-23 October.  Then a Line Dancing Rally in Northern California.  When that week is over we have a few days to get to Livingston, Texas for Boot Camp the first weekend in November.  That’s a little tight at the end.  Total mileage from now until November is about 17K.  If fuel goes up another 50 cents a gallon that will be about an additional $100 a month.  That means eating out less about 3-4 times a month.  OK…..we can deal with that.

Now to the important things to old farts I mean people – food.

You take 2 1/2 lbs of 93/7 lean beef and make four burgers, some Provo cheese, some Swiss cheese, mushrooms, onions, garlic, liquid smoke and here’s what you get. A big hamburger with cheese in the middle, not to be confused with a double cheeseburger. You seal the cheese inside the two patties.

DSC_0001 DSC_0002 DSC_0003

Cook them on the grill while you are cooking the onions, mushrooms, garlic, etc.DSC_0004

These birds love meat.  I call them no necks.DSC_0005 DSC_0006

Look at that cheese starting to come out.DSC_0008

Then when it’s done you put it on a thin heavy toasted bun and put more cheese on it to hold the toppings on.DSC_0009

Well, I thought they would be a really big wow burger but they weren’t.  They were FRIGGIN WOW BURGERS!

I got three left and they are in the frig for that rainy day or special friends come over.

See ya……………….

No comments:

Post a Comment