Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day Trip

Our trip from Jefferson, OH to Elkhart, IN was a pretty nice trip of 300 miles.  We were on the road by 8 AM.  No special reason it just worked out that way.  It rained off and on most of the night but then it was clear when we left.  We decided to go the toll way I-80/90 all the way.  We stopped at the Pilot Flying J (proper name now) first and topped off our tank at $2.99 a gallon for fuel.  We then stopped at a Cracker Barrel for a bite to eat.  After setting for 10 minutes without a waitress we decided to leave.  Yes they were very busy so we just said Oh well and left.  The road tolls totaled  $31.85 and that was more than we thought it would be.  At the ticket booth in Ohio Carol had to get out and get the ticket because it came out the car ticket dispenser.  That was entertaining. We ran the toll road for several reasons.  One we have a Farton (Phaeton) and we just don’t trust it based on it’s recent history.  We also wanted to get to Elkhart and get our Escapee fix.  This means we wanted to see our RVing friends.

Here’s my buddy going down the road.SDC10714

Here is how I set up the SilverLeaf program to monitor my engine’s stats. Don’t even believe the fuel mileage.  If you are interested and see me, ask me how & why I set it up like this.  I will be more than glad to show you this and how it works.SDC10718

I think this guy had a compartment problem on the right side.  Hey you do what you got to do to move down the road.SDC10719

We arrived about 2:30 very relaxed and ready.  The Pharton is making a new noise from the engine area.  I figure it’s ??????  It sounds like the engine is doing little farts.  I don’t know how else to explain it.

Anyhow, Frank & Marlene made dinner for us and Denny & Susie.  It was great.SDC10721

Then it was gone.  We sat around and jaw jacked about everything and nothing.  It was great.  Did I mention that it was great?SDC10722

Here’s our site - 50 AMP FHU and the price was right.SDC10723

Can you find the second kitty – my buddy?SDC10725

Tomorrow – don’t know nuttin….

See Ya…………

No comments:

Post a Comment