Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back Home – Repair Shop

Here’s home for the Farton – back of a repair shop. SDC10546

The EGR valve was broke.  So Cummins charge me a $100 deductible on an emission’s part.  Times have changed.SDC10544

Then they did a regeneration of the emission system.  One hour of the engine running with internal temps getting over 1,000 degrees (emission side).  Yes, that’s hot as Parris Hilton would say.SDC10547

I got my own monitoring system by SilverLeaf.  I installed it my computer that the cat broke back in November last year.  I installed a new hard drive in it.  That’s a lot for a non computer person that I am.SDC10551

Carol’s bro, the mechanic, came over later that evening after getting off work at Baltimore Freightliner.  He had concerns that the Cummins engine seemed to be still lacking getty up and go power.  He crawled right underneath and spent a half hour of just looking.SDC10552

Here’s a better picture of him…..smile…SDC10553

Tomorrow we leave for ????? Don’t know how far we are going, where we are stopping and no goal in mind. The only thing for sure is that we are leaving the east coast and headed west.  It kinda reminds me of traveling in Alaska.  No reservations ever and no place for sure to stop.  Played it as we traveled.  Sometimes we just like to go and find some place new or at least the opportunity.  No expectations means no disappointments when you travel like this.  Oh yea, out towing service is up to date.

See ya…..

No comments:

Post a Comment