Monday, August 30, 2010

Business or Fun

Some Goshen people went kayaking yesterday and we didn’t get invited.  We sure wanted to go, especially Carol.  I thought we would have been invited but that’s what I get for thinking.  I have been told that I sometimes expect to much of people. I need to lower my expectations of others, sniffle, sniffle. Today I was getting annoying phone calls from Goshen trying to explain something about kayaking.  Hey, it speaks for itself. Business outings and fun outings, it was evidently business. Think I will go rejoin the Moan & Groan Club.

While I’m on this road of moaning.  Elkhart Campground.  Today I finished paying over $500 for 19 days here at the Elkhart Campground. They wouldn’t let me get a monthly rate of $400 (30 Amp FHU) when I checked in.  Two of my instructors got it.  Elkhart Campground – get me once but no way in hell will you get me twice.  There are too many campgrounds out here in the RV World.  I will go out of my way to avoid Elkhart Campground – phooey on you. The water is piss poor here too– brownish and stinks.

RVers have been rolling in this weekend for the Gypsy Journal Rally.  They’re late.  The party started a couple of weeks ago.  I think they can catch up real quick. Nick got us our booth like he promised. We got our only little place.  We don’t have to worry about dirty old men either.DSC_0002

Inside it looks like this.  We’re almost finished setting up.DSC_0004

The day went pretty dog on good.   The fun continued  and how.  I didn’t get anymore pictures because I was doing other things and was afraid I might set my camera down and forget it.  Haven’t yet but I don’t want to experience the first time.  At the gift give away that evening everybody had a blast.  The crowd was really involved in having fun and that’s the name of the game. I used and monitored my Fender sound system for the event and I didn’t do too bad if I say say myself.  I blew out a few ear drums but that’s why hearing aids are available. It was fun.  Nick gave me the one and only bright orange Gypsy Journal T-shirt during the give aways.  The crowd loved it and said it went with my orange shoes.  Thanks Nick.  Pictures to follow tomorrow. I wonder if this is business or fun, it’s both.…….

This is a grass roots rally and it’s really so cool.

See ya…….

No comments:

Post a Comment