Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Day Of Infamy

What is that you ask.  Well, I have been putting  off a much needed task that everybody has been telling me to do since November – EVERYBODY!  Today I did it.  But first Carol & I went to Bob Evans for breakfast.  I needed some of their biscuit & gravy so I could do this task.  At least that’s the best excuse I could come up with to go out for breakfast and I think it’s a pretty good one.  It was a nice breakfast.  Sorta like the calm before what could be one big storm – my task.  SDC10763

Back at the RV Carol went to her line dancing and I’m left alone.  OK – it took about 2 hours to do this task.  As most of you know I’m not computer smart at all but I get by doing everything the long way probably.  Anyhow, I backed up my computer – programs and files.  Oooooooh rah.  I even did it to a separate external hard drive about 90 GB what ever that means. I have had an external 500 GB hard drive for about 2 years.  SDC10765

I bought a recommended program by Acronis True Image Home called PC BACKUP & RECOVERY in December. I got it last December when my computer hard drive had a major failure – nothing recoverable.  It had business stuff and over 5,000 prime Alaska pictures that I lost.  Carol’s computer had the business backup but everything else, email, pictures, files were a total lost.  Now our daughter and mother will rest a little better since I had all of her February wedding pictures on my new computer.  I don’t mind working the simple tasks on a computer but they take a lot of time for me to learn . The new “stuff” I do not retain very well.  Yes, as some of you know, I’m hard headed on certain things and this is one.  The computer info just doesn’t compute (pun intended).

Now we have to celebrate the completed task with eating out for lunch.  Again another excuse but a good one in my mind.  Lunkers again.  This is a cross between a sporting store and a restaurant.  If you are a fisherman – come here.  If you are a hunter – come here.  If you are a food eater – come here.  If you like that weird food such as ostrich, gator, etc. – come here.  If you like to look at young woman – don’t tell the wife but come here.  We went with Denny & Susie so the place was in trouble now.SDC10781

Some people are about to learn where to park there RV next time so they can leave. duuuuh.SDC10766

I’m always paying attention.SDC10772

I’m a two glass drinker. One had a straw.SDC10773

I thought I would try on some of their attire.SDC10774

What do you think…..is it me or what? Hey, Denny has his yellow and I got my orange. I did get some orange sandals.SDC10775

SDC10780

Back to the rig to nap…hard day.  But when we arrived we had a surprise at our rig……that’s another story for another day.  I will let your imagination run wild.SDC10782

Then it was Frank’s time.  He went and got himself one of them there go fast bikes.  He said that he deserved it.  He even got a hemorrhoid seat.SDC10783

Whew, busy day.  Now it’s time to put on the chef’s hat. I hope I didn’t put cat food in it.  It would be called kitty fritters instead of clam fritters.SDC10784

SDC10785

SDC10790

Here’s everybody purrrrrrring.SDC10793

I think we are all going to rest for a few days after this glory day. We decided to have eggs in the bag for Saturday.  Maybe those Goshen people will come up about 8:30 or 9AM – bring food.

See ya………

No comments:

Post a Comment