Monday, August 9, 2010

Air Leak

I sent some pictures to Carol’s bro, David the Freightliner mechanic.  He said it was the pop off valve on the air dryer.  It’s wet because I used some WD40 on it.  Didn’t work.SDC10587

The shiny thing………..is the valve.SDC10586

Pop Off Valve.  That means it’s the emergency air relief valve for the air system.  If the air get’s to 150 PSI because the air compressor does not cut off, this valve will open thus “pop off” valve name.  That was not the cause of this thing miss behaving. Anyhow, David said to go to Lowe’s and get a brass 1/4 pipe thread plug which I did.  I also got a can of Blaster.   This stuff has been around for years and I have used it in the past.  $4 bucks and worth having.SDC10623

I sprayed a half of can of this Blaster on that valve.  About 6 hours later I started the Farton up.  Guess what?  It got unstopped and the air bags filled up immediately.  It fixed itself – kinda.  I just sprayed it.  I will keep the little plug handy anyhow and not return the $2 part.  I will also used some magic tape to help keep the dirt out of it.  The tape will not hold it back from the 150 lb PSI valve from doing it’s job at all.

I washed the rig today.  While I was washing it a park worker came by and asked if I had a pass.  I said a pass for what.  He said I needed a pass to wash the RV and it costs five bucks.  He said it was in the paperwork I got.  I did my best to assure him there was no such thing.  Bottom line – five bucks.  The water was soft so not many water spots.  Tomorrow I might to the windows with RainX.  I like RainX.  If it’s applied correctly it works great. I use it on my mirrors too.

We want to get into the Elkhart Campground for about 10 days ahead of the Gypsy Journal Rally but haven’t worked out a good enough price yet with the owner.  I have only talked to the Mrs.  Tomorrow I will see if the Mr can do a better price than $30 a night.  If not, we go to Howe and pay the $10 (Coast to Coast).  Their lost not ours.

Here’s a picture from the past.  Harrell Hicks waiting for his food.  I guess it was interfering with his “nap time”. He said he was reading.  One problem - there’s nothing to read on the table.  He’s sticking to his story.DSC_0008

See ya…………

No comments:

Post a Comment