Thursday, April 4, 2013

Lazy RVing Day

We got up and hit Walmart first thing in the morning.  Walmart was crowded.  How dare people shop when we want too.  We got out of there for less than $60 and that was a first.  I stayed away from the meat  and snack departments. 

We filled up the Jeep at Sam’s.  Gas was $3.94.  I really hated paying that but it only gets more expensive up the road in California.  Most places around here it’s about $4.05 to $4.10 and up.

Oh, let me stop a rumor.  We will not be the Planners for next year’s W.A.R.E All Chapter Rally in April.  We will be in Texas getting ready for Alaska.  It’s that simple.  Thanks Art!  Hey, I think Art & Caroline will do it!

Back at the rig we did, I mean I did, absolutely nothing really important.  I played the “what if” game with our summer schedule.  Then I found that Love’s truck stop in Tehachapi was $4.03 a gallon vice $4.13 at the Flying J in Bakersfield.  That will save me about $7 bucks or so.  That fill up will be enough to get us out of California in May.  Fuel is about 20-30 cents cheaper in Oregon.

That evening we saw this….see the kitty?  It’s light brown in the middle of the picture.DSCN1786

That night Carol & I sat out and watched the sky go by.  We heard the crying of the coyotes in the distance.  These are my feet up on the grill just watching time go by.DSCN1791 DSCN1796

See ya…