Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Alaska Day 31 Ninilchik Last Day – down day

I forgot to mention the wind surfer here yesterday (Tues) . Larry Leonard, a 25 year resident, never saw wind surfing here at Deep Creek Rec Area. He was even more amazed than we were. This guy was out there in the morning for hours then he came back in the evening again.  This guy has to have muscles on him with that wind and wave action for hours. It was very very windy.

DSC_0211 DSC_0216 DSC_0217 DSC_0214

My attempt to clean my engine filter in Anchorage did not pass. Before my attempt to clean the filter the monitoring device was pegged.  After my cleaning it was almost pegged. I checked on line with Cummins, NAPA and a few others. The K&N was $300 and I wasn’t really impressed when it compared to other prices. My original filter & canister are one unit thus have to be thrown away together. I’m getting a Fleetwood canister ($145) that has replaceable filters ($10). NAPA had my original filter for $200.  Here’s where the rocket scientist thinking comes in handy. Buy Fleetwood and carry a couple of filters for giggles. My filter is very assessable.

Jean & Claudette’s RV (Alfa-Freightliner) had a rear oil seal leaking. They got it fixed in Anchorage yesterday prior to arriving here in the local area.

Larry still needs a engine air filter for his Cat engine.

For those that are interested about fuel prices that we paid so far here they are;  Alberta avg $4.63, Yukon avg $5.45, Alaska so far avg $4.69. With our 150 gallon tank I was able to pass BC fuel which is higher.

I will do camping $ averages later on.

Sharon & Don arrived today. The “Last Frontier Gang” is forming back up.

All of us went to the American Legion up the road for their Chinese Diner for $8 bucks. Not to shabby.SDC11565

We got back to our area and watched some fisherman clean their halibut.  A state inspector was also watching them and taking data for research.

We all had a campfire and told stories of the past while the sun was moving across the horizon. Not down but across. Everybody wussyied out early. I stayed out for awhile more. I cleaned the windshield, washed the bugs off the front of the RV, polished my wheels, ate peanuts at my fire and watched the sun move to the right.  DSC_0001

It’s 11:45 PM and the sun is still up, overcast some, outside temp is 48 degrees with a slight breeze. I guess I’m the Hippy Dippy Weatherman.  No not really of course, that was George Carlin I believe.

I can’t resist showing you more of my eagles. DSC_0143 DSC_0144 DSC_0163 DSC_0171 DSC_0181 DSC_0260 DSC_0266 DSC_0274

Tomorrow we move to the “SPIT”.

See ya…………….

No comments:

Post a Comment