Friday, June 10, 2011

Alaska 26 Anchorage – Now What!

Hold on here go – again…

Breakfast at Tiffney’s.  While eating Gary/Mary & Jean/Claudette showed up to visit.  They only stayed a short while and wouldn’t even pick up our check before they left….oh well, they were in a hurry to do those tourist things.DSC_0002

Interesting view out our window…DSC_0003

Then it was off to the Anchorage Museum.

DSC_0004 DSC_0006 DSC_0007 DSC_0009

Did you know that the pipeline could move 2 feet any direction and not break. I thought that was interesting.

DSC_0008 

This was the eating area at the museum.  Makes me wonder for sure.  Kinda fancy.

DSC_0012

Now it’s off to…DSC_0044 DSC_0045 DSC_0046 DSC_0047 DSC_0048 DSC_0050 DSC_0054

Can you hear me now?DSC_0056  DSC_0058

My color to include the support equipmentDSC_0062

Flashback time for some of us……….DSC_0063

Carol’s speed.DSC_0064 DSC_0067

 

Then it was off to seaplane alley. There are so many sea airplanes here you can’t count them.DSC_0032  DSC_0036

See the ducks…anyone for duck soup?DSC_0038

When we left this water heaven for airplane drivers we got a little confused and ended up on a nearby airstrip.  Hey, I stayed out of the way of the big planes and the little ones too. We were on the other side of the fence coming out. We couldn’t get off the runway so we had to go back.  Maybe they thought we were an airplane with the kayaks on the roof of the car. I think I heard someone say, “Those damn tourists.” Hey it was about a 3-4 minute thrill. DSC_0070 DSC_0071  DSC_0073 

Then it was off to the end of the big runway at the Anchorage big airport and the views of Anchorage. This was the edge of a cliff I was standing on.  Carol kept saying get a better shot. I think my insurance is paid up.DSC_0077 DSC_0079

DSC_0083 DSC_0084

You know what time it is now – it’s social time with dinner to follow. Marilyn served chicken and everybody brought a little something. Carol was to busy eating to look at the camera..SDC11547

NOTE:  Hey, I have noticed that diesel has gone down about 15 cents a gallon in the lower 48 and even up here in the last 30 days.  It just needs to get down below $3 not $4 in the next few months. They claim to have a bunch of oil up here.

P.S.  I’m getting over 500 viewers a day and 1,700+ last month. That’s awesome. I have never looked at the numbers before last night – I couldn’t find them and really didn’t care. I Thank everyone of you. It makes me want to take even better pictures. I 'ill work on the grammar/spilling later on.  Just enjoy a smile or even a laugh – hey it’s an adventure.  Share your smiles with your friends.  Thanks again…

See ya………….

No comments:

Post a Comment