Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Shipshewana Flea Market

OK, we’ve been in a motel for our third day now.  We are going buggy.  We are going to go to Shipshewana Flea Market toady.  It’s only suppose to be in the 50s and windy but we don’t care.  They’re only open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so this is it for us.  Not much hand made Amish stuff anymore but there is still some.  Over the years it has become a normal flea market with their items from china, etc.  They are big.  It costs $3 bucks to park and free to get in.  $6 for RVs.  Plus they now have a campground  which isn’t too high in price.  I don’t recall what it is.DSC_0005

  DSC_0006 DSC_0007 DSC_0008 DSC_0009We arrived at 9 AM and finished at 11 AM and we walked all the rows.

Just a few blocks south is the E & S Sales.  It’s one of those you won’t believe what they have in bulk food.  A lot of Amish shop here and tourists.DSC_0011

Oh, I’ve been asked how the new Dodge truck is doing.  It’s doing what I expected with a 390 HP engine.  Fuel mileage running around here has been 18 MPG.  I think on the open road it will get 20 MPG.  It has that engine that goes from 8 to 4 cylinder or something like that.  It rides pretty good and feels solid & hefty like a truck should.  The 390 horsepower is unbelievable! It’s like going back to the 60’s with the muscle cars.  I really like it and no regrets.

Newmar called and informed me that the additional repairs that I wanted done would cost a little over $200. I reminded them that I called them when the repairs where needed while under warranty. They verified and said OK. It was a latch on a window and slide out battery tray that became difficult to work. No cost…..

Our kitty is ready to go home…DSC_0004

See ya………….