Friday, September 7, 2012

Corn On The Grill/Newmar Again

As some of you might know I have a few grills.  I’ve lost count and don’t want to try to count as it uses up to many memory cells.  The grill I now have I’ve concluded it the best overall grill.  It’s a Weber 100 and cost between $100-140 I think.  There is a Weber 150 (?) that is a little bit bigger but I didn’t want anything bigger.  This stores pretty easy and can burn anything with ease like most grills.  I use the little green cans of LP but also have a LP tank I can hook up.  More on that later.   Cooking corn on the grill.  Hopefully the grill isn’t too clean.  A greasy grill adds flavor.  I soak the corn real good with water.  I put them on the grill on low.  I roll them over about every 10 minutes or so.  After about 30-45 minutes I shut the fire off and just let them cool down some. DSCN1054

When they cool down enough to handle I shuck the husks, break them in half and do what ever.  We freeze them if we have extra.  We got these at Wal-Mart for 25 cents each.  I couldn’t resist.

DSCN1084

Now back to the LP connection for the grill.  I have a small LP tank but it’s out of fuel.DSCN1055

I was checking all my connections and realized I had only the connections to run LP from the RV’s tank on the other side of the RV.  I installed the brass LP part on the big tank last year sometime for my very BIG grill.  Bottom line I’m missing the right connection.DSCN1056 

I left the “other” part in the Barn at Livingston, Texas evidently.   Oh well, back to the little green LP bottles.

Newmar called me today (Friday) after I sent them more pictures of the roof.  They basically said they did not install the under decking of the roof fiberglass and should have.  They screwed up VERY BIG TIME.  They admitted it and will fix it.  They will call me Monday and we will go from there.  I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH THE NEW ROOF.  If I hadn’t complained and complained, did a little investigative work on what a roof should have, nothing would have happened.  Commons sense & determination has prevailed so far.  Monday will be the real determination if Newmar stands behind their work.  I got a feeling our schedule for the remainder of the year is going to be a lot different.  I think we will have to get that jello (schedule) out of the frig and make some new jello.  Things are about to get exciting so what’s new in a full timer’s schedule.  “Everyday’s An Adventure” and it continues to be.  Like I said the other day, it finds us and I don’t have to go looking.

See ya……