Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rowing, Rowing, Rowing Down The River

This picture reminded me of the management of the Freightliner dealer.SDC10220

Name three things you don’t want to upset in the AMSDC10223

A little restaurant in Howe, IN.  Very nice.SDC10226

These two breakfasts were under $10 WITH coffee.SDC10224 SDC10225

Shipshewana Flea Market.  It takes about 2 hours to walk it.  Whew…it was tiring.  We got there early so the crowds were light but had really picked up by the time we left – a lot! SDC10231

SDC10232

SDC10233

SDC10234

SDC10235

Then we went on to Fluid Fun in Bristol, IN to get some skinny boats.  You know you are getting old when the workers look really young! The young staff helped to peel the wrapping off my boat. It’s a 12 foot something or another..SDC10239

I hope he don’t think that hole is a potty!SDC10240 

These are BIG dogs and very very friendly. SDC10245

 

It’s a family business and they can use all the help they can get.  Here I’m swinging their 3 month old in the swing and I thought I was petting the head of the dog.  No I was petting/rubbing the other end.  I think he “coughed”.SDC10243

 

Now I got the right end of the dog or I should say front….still swinging the baby.  The owners spent over 5 hours with us.  We put boats on the ground and sat in them.  When we were happy we took them down to the water and got launched.  He taught us how to enter/exit the boat and use it in the kinda swift water that was right behind his place.  Then I put the heavy boat – mine, up and down off the top of his van about 6 times to get the feel for the weight.  It was heavier than I wanted but I wanted this particular boat – why – just because. Carol went with a 9.5 foot and me a 12. Mainly a 12 foot for me because I weigh about 100 lbs more than Carol.  Carol got a carbon paddle ($) and I got a wrought iron one. Life jackets was the same way – she got the good stuff and I got a string and a cork.  Then we went to the roof racks and they installed them for us.  We paid the bucks but we got the very personal and fun service to go along with it.  If you don’t know jack about these skinny boats – this place FLUID FUN in Bristol, IN comes highly recommended.  Don’t forget your wallet.  Thanks for the referral Nick…SDC10246

We then went to Walmart and it was hard finding a covered parking space.SDC10247

My boat….is a Current Designs 12 foot something – yeller because they didn’t have an orange in stock..SDC10248

Carol’s boat is a Perception 9.5 Tribute..red/yellow. SDC10249

You know, when Carol was out in the river in her boat I think I caught her smiling a couple of times.  She handled it real well!

Tomorrow we head for the eastern shore to a less known Thousand Trails park called Va Landing.  It’s a little over 800 miles and we got two days to get there. We are meeting Carol’s two brothers there. It’s the 4th of July weekend, crabbing, boating, beer and all that kind of stuff.

Sorry Steve, we didn’t get back and situated in time to call you about the datastorm. Let’s try this weekend if it’s OK with you.

See Ya……………….

No comments:

Post a Comment