Sunday, June 28, 2015

Ice In Texas

I received the ice maker I ordered for about $42 bucks or so.  Now to see if it will work.  It looks the same, that’s a good start.  No electrical plug.  Guess that means I take the one off the old one if that is possible.  Also I have to use the old metal lift bar.  I think I can do this.  I got the old one out again and took it a part.  DSC_0004See the burnt part….DSC_0003 

I put the new one in and in a couple of hours we had ice.  Yes we have zero deductible on our extended warranty but who wants  to go thru that hassle.  Yea.  You know, in 40 some years of RVing and 15 years of that full timing, this is only the second time an ice maker went bad.  Two different brands too.  Hey, $40 bucks and some grunting to get it out..well worth it.  Yes, we have a zero deductible on our extended service plan.  What repair guys are starting to do is charge the customer a diagnosis fee because the after market warranty companies don’t usually pay for them.

Next was to make our old Magna Shade fit our Winnebago.  It’s about 4 inches two long so I just folded it under for the time being.  I had to go to the barn and find some old real strong magnets.  No problem.DSC_0005

It will get all smooth when the sun hits it.  Maybe I can get Sue Glick to take it up a few inches.

Here’s some food for thought.  The Escapees are having their anniversary celebration on the 4th of July.  They want to charge $3.00 for a hamburger or two hot dogs.  Why do they want me to pay for their celebration besides being cheap.  It don’t make common sense to me.  What do you think?

See ya……