Monday, July 4, 2011

Alaska Day 50 Talkeetna 4th of July

Hope everyone had a great day today.  Ours was pretty good even though Carol & I both weren’t feeling good. Her a sinus headache and me trying to catch a cold.

I volunteered to cook breakfast for everybody.  I started off by precooking most items early that morning inside.DSC_0061

 

At 8:30 I took it outside to the grill and people were starting to show up. I fired up the three burners and finished cooking everything.DSC_0062 DSC_0066 DSC_0067 DSC_0068

I got some help with the pancakes (Phil) and taters/onions (Larry).  We had scrambled eggs, three types of sausages, pancakes and taters with onions.  I think everybody enjoyed it. Next time I will add toast and maybe go for the Belgian waffles instead of pancakes.

Our gang dispersed among the local festivities today.  Carol & I retired trying to shake our sicknesses.

Later I got a picture of Don doing the dump the old man way.DSC_0077

 

Then someone using a hose – the young crowd.DSC_0085

 

Then a father showing his son how it’s done – been there done that myself. It was a blast for me and my son. I think more me than him.DSC_0081

Hey, we are parked right across from the dump and it’s entertaining.

Five of our group got to go up in a plane and then do a glacier landing.  They really enjoyed that and especially being the 4th of July. That will be hard to top.

Don broke out some New York strip steaks for all 14 of us and he cooked them because I was a little under the weather. No pictures because we were too busy enjoying the steaks with all the trimmings that were brought – thanks Don.

Then this little girl and mom came around. The girl really liked my green man setting outside. Then she recited the Pledge Of Allegiance for us. She got it right 100 per cent.  It was really great and a very proud mom of course.DSC_0069 DSC_0076

 

Then it started to sprinkle hard on our party. We just got closer and continued. We made a note to invite someone with a larger awning next time.DSC_0086

It was another ho hum day in paradise..

See ya……….

No comments:

Post a Comment