Friday, June 8, 2012

We’re It!

I remember going camping years ago with our youngins in our favorite campground.  Sometimes I would see a big camper and say, “Wow, that thing is  big.”.   Well, here at this boater campground, “We’re it!”

While I was paying for our site yesterday I saw a work camper’s rig with an Escapees decal on it. After paying I walked by and said Hi SKP’s. That brought them out of their chairs and towards me. They are work kamping here at this COE Park. They plan to attend the Escapade in Sedalia, MO in Sept. They have also contacted the RV Driving School for a lesson during that time. Their last Escapade was in 2007 and she tried to get a lesson then but we were filled up. Wow, is it a small world or what. I have forgotten their names already though. I got a couple of days to meet up with them again.

DSC_0001 DSC_0003 DSC_0012DSC_0017DSC_0019

 

I called the Hq here and asked them about this limit before we drove any further when we came in.  I told them we weighed more than double what the limit sign was.  After a minute or so I was told it was alright.DSC_0048

Well the limit must have been for their asphalt.  These are my tracks. DSC_0011    DSC_0010

 

Berries in there some where.DSC_0023 DSC_0024 DSC_0031

Buzzards…DSC_0033

Skunk weed ? and did it smell.DSC_0035  DSC_0042 DSC_0045 DSC_0046  DSC_0050

This place was filled with boaters, tenters, and campers by 6 PM.  It is NOW crowded and the evening was pretty quiet.  Is this the calm before the storm?

See ya……