Monday, August 15, 2011

Storm

A pretty bad storm hit us about 4:30 AM.  Rain and wind but more wind than rain.  It started earlier but what I would call just a storm.  Then the late one hit and it was pretty bad.  I thought about putting in the slides but decided not to.  It had the Beast rocking and rolling.  By sun up all was pretty well gone.  Still some wind gusts and spotty rain off and on during the day.

Sharon & Don moved from their site at the other campground on base to a site with us.  Both campgrounds are military but ours is just on the outside skirt of the base. Ours is better with 50 AMP, cement pads, grass sites, etc.  Sharon & Don are very happy now along with their dog Shadow.

Carol & I decided to go on base to the commissary to stock up on veggies, etc.  When we arrived we got a little surprise in that it was closed.  We forgot that it’s not unusual for military commissaries to be closed on Mondays.  Oh well….

After lunch it was time for me to go into action.  I got on the roof of the Beast and washed the TV sat dome, the Fantastic roof vents, the tops of the front end and rear end.  Then I washed/wiped the edge of the roof where it meets the exterior sidewall, both the right and left side.  I call them rollovers.  Next was the wheels.  Got to keep them shiny.  The Beast is really starting to look clean again.

I had to reorganize a compartment underneath to make room for the new grill.  I also needed to reorganize the car’s rear compartment.  It all worked out and all is well for now. It took about an hour or so to figure out what can fit/move where.

It was about diner time then. Carol fixed some our halibut in the oven with a little Old Bay Seasoning. Boy was it good. 

It was now about 7 PM.  It was time to hand wash the car.  Last week I took it to a self spray wash. It got a lot of the surface dirt off. I also took it to an automatic car wash later in the week to get more dirt off.  Now it was time to hand wash her at our site, especially the roof.  I also did the door jams that were turning brown from the dirt dust. They are white again.  It’s really nice when a campground lets you wash your vehicles especially your RV.  This is a bigee for a full timer.

I knocked a lot of little things off one of my lists.  As a full timer I have several lists.  If I can think of it, I will let you know about my LISTS tomorrow.  Maybe I should put it on my list….

See ya……….

No comments:

Post a Comment