Saturday, August 13, 2011

54 AMPS Yes We Did

The Beast was cranking at drawling in 54 AMPS.  Before all that I was up and outside at 6:30 AM.  I was looking for someone to depart so I could call Larry & Marilyn and let them know.  They were parked at Sam’s.  Nobody was up…duh.  I went back outside at 7 AM to see if anybody was packing up.  Three sites down from us they were gone.  Damn that was quick. I called Larry & Marilyn and they were over within the half hour and got the space which is 50 AMP full hook up with a nearby laundry. Their washer broke while in Alaska just like their frig.. they also had a broke AC but didn’t need it.  This is their first full hook up in 4 nights and they don’t remember the last 50 AMP hook up. they’re happy!

For lunch the campground got invited to a barbeque cookout aboard base just for us campers here. We still had to pay $6.50. It was “sufficient both in quality and quantity”. DSC_0004

DSC_0005 That’s an old military saying that a Command Duty SNCO would log in their duty book after eating at the mess hall.  Have I ever but something else, oh yea! Hey, food is very important to the military.  The old stories about how bad the food was are just that.  They are almost dining clubs anymore.  They are outstanding both in quality and quantity now.  DSC_0005

Sharon & Don  came over to visit while we were eating. They ate earlier before us.DSC_0006

 

When we got back to the Beast it was 87 degrees inside. I turned on all three AC’s.  The Beast was sucking up 54 AMPS and voltage was still around 110 volts.  A couple of the AC air ducts read 43 degrees and the rest read about 53 degrees.  The Beast was cooling down.  I’m not 100% sure but I think when you have 50 AMPS it’s really 240 volts at the pedestal which means two 50 AMPS 120V circuits.  That’s one reason you would have trouble blowing a circuit (50AMP)  breaker at the pedestal.  However, you can blow one of your two main circuits inside your coach.  Usually a manufacture sets them up pretty good.  A third AC is a little difficult I believe.  I have two AC’s (rear & middle) on one circuit and the front AC and kitchen on the other one.  This is when the  Beast is hooked up to 50 AMPS. Now when hooked up to 30 AMPS I can run two AC’s if we turn off the frig and don’t use the microwave.   Hopefully we don’t have to do that too often.  All three AC’s are 1500 BTU.  So, anyhow it didn’t take long to cool the Beast down into the 70’s and the animals appreciated it we’re sure.

We all (Larry/Marilyn, Don/Sharon & us) went to the movies on base.  The showing was the “Lincoln Lawyer”.  It was pretty dog on good. I was surprised and was caught off guard a couple of times. I would see it again and buy the DVD.  The cost to see it on base was “free'”.  Two large cokes and buttered popcorn was $8.50 with free refills.  There might have been 25 or so people.  They only have one showing a week.

After the movie and back to the Beast and it was about 7 PM.  I cooked a chicken breast on my new Weber grill.  I followed the directions cooking it about 9 minutes which turned out to be a little long but was it was still moist.  It was good.

GRILLS…I have three with me now. One big commercial type (3 big BTU burners), the broke one and now the new Weber.  Back in Livingston I have a few more.  I think about 10 (total) or so, not sure.  Each one has a special story.  I have the $3 Cobb up to my Masterbuilt Smoker. Hey, I like cooking and a grill is a tool, what can I say but….

See ya………………

No comments:

Post a Comment