Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hospital Triage - The Good & Bad

Well, we went back to the Hospital ER as requested by the doctor.  Not a regular Dr’s office but the ER again.  Triage (if spelled right) is a process by which ER staff  prioritize an entering  patient in what sequence they should be seen by ER doctors.  Good system.  Military uses it in combat situations, nothing really knew, been around for many wars.  If you have no real emergency you will go to the bottom of the list to be seen.  Well, when I went back today I was rightfully at the bottom of the list to be seen.  So, if anybody comes into ER with any kind of problem they will been seen before me (the bad).  There were only two people ahead of me. As time went on so did the people arriving.  I remained at the bottom of the list.  After one hour and seeing people come and go and arrive and sat with me, it was time for me to go – home.  I left after signing a release stating why I left. I will try again tomorrow but earlier. If it don’t work out tomorrow – so be it.

The rest of the day I just laid around. Carol said I was better because I was complaining more.

We discussed our schedule after the Escapade and before/after the Gypsy Journal Rally.  Plus we have a Newmar appointment in Indiana in the middle of all that.  We also want to visit friends/relatives around MD & VA.  Thanks goodness for Microsoft Streets & Trips for planning purposes.

So, basically a boring day of recovery with no real work accomplished like waxing the RV.

See ya…………..

No comments:

Post a Comment