Sunday, August 21, 2011

Out of Fuel !

We pulled out about 8AM with two days and 460 miles to get to Gillette. We decided to go via Rt 87 from Great Falls.  Nice road, nice scenery and no traffic. I figured go and get 30 gallons of fuel along the way. Here are some pics.

DSC_0002  DSC_0007 DSC_0011

Strange looking trees out here ion the grasslands

DSC_0013

I really wanted some fuel. I just pulled in nice and slow.  The owner came out and offered us free coffee along with “that was good driving”. I got my 30 gallons so I could make it to Sheridan at $3.69 a gallon.DSC_0014

Two multi million dollar buses and a tractor trailer all with matching paint schemes came flying by me. It was Toby Keith’s “stuff”.  Don’t know if it was his band and him or what.DSC_0042 DSC_0051

The pic is blurry but you can see things are lit up because of low fuel. Fuel gauge is on the right.DSC_0052

We made it to Sheridan, WY and got fuel at the Maverick.  It was a little tight but I went SLOW…  The Beast took 130 gallons.  Even though it’s a 150 tank it can take only about 140 due to location of the fuel fill pipe.  so, I figure I had 10 gallons left – that’s another 60 plus miles left.

DSC_0053

For you Easterners this is a snow fence to prevent snow drifts on the roads.DSC_0055

Looks like they grow rocks in WY.DSC_0057

Beautiful…..DSC_0058 DSC_0062

 

We really didn’t plan it but we arrive at Wal-mart in Gillette about 5 PM or so.  Mark (Boot Camp) was pulling in at the same time and Mac the fire guy was already here.DSC_0067

Then the welcoming committee arrived and they were armed and shooting…DSC_0063 

It was a pretty quiet night… We move over to the Camplex/Escapade area tomorrow.  they said they had a special parking place for us..

See ya……..

No comments:

Post a Comment