Saturday, June 27, 2009

50 years of Statehood

Saturday we went to the downtown Anchorage Market (fancy flea market) and it was pretty good. Highly recommend it if you are here on the weekends. It had a lot of things made by the locals which made it very interesting. Prices seemed to be appropriate since a lot of it was some form of art.



Then we continued our walk to a downtown celebration. Anchorage was celebrating 50 years of statehood. They closed about 8 city blocks to road traffic and each block had something going on. We watched the young dancers and the drum beaters. They were outstanding. The city had one block just for kids with bubbles, street chalk, Mickey Mouse shows, feely touch items, etc.. I had a hard time getting Carol out of this block.




I previously mentioned that I was looking at a 100-400mm telephoto lens at a camera shop here in Anchorage. Well, I didn’t get it. I got a 150-500mm lens today. My camera and all my lens have stabilizers in them. Now I need to lay off the coffee to get rid of the human shakes. Hooked up to the camera it measures 19 inches long and weighs about 500 lbs give or take a few pounds. Carol holds the front of the camera while I aim and shoot. It needs a car 12 volt battery to operate the lens……. Just kidding – seeing if you are paying attention. Photos on the blog with it are forth coming.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment