Friday, November 12, 2010

Veterans Day Yesterday – Elephants today

I was on Independent Duty in Pennsylvania for four years out of of 21 while on active duty with the Marine Crops.  During this time and other times I was in a lot of ceremonies, parades, memorials, awards, funerals and the such.  A few even just for me to include being combat promoted during Viet Nam.  I think I’ve seen just about every type of gratefulness that could be had.  I’ve thanked the living and even the dead and have been thanked.  I  did it all graciously and proudly.  Seldom do I attend these now.  It’s my choice, I choose not to, so I don’t – enough said.

Cat scan – 8 o’clock in the morning - that was different…… The tech said someone would be calling me with the results.  OK – there’s something to think about over the weekend.

On the way back we went thru this little town called “Cut & Shoot”, Texas.  I’m sure it has a story on how it got it’s name.  Anyhow, we have been coming this way for years and ever so often this little place has a hidden lot with elephants in it.  It’s next to the post office on route 105.   Many people will pass it by because they can’t tell they are there.  They’re seldom there but we always look.  We usually don’t have the camera but this time we did.DSC_0002 DSC_0004 DSC_0005

We got back in time for the Chapter 10 luncheon at the Texas Pepper.  It was a real good turn out as always.  This waitress was joking about taking her picture so I did.  Just another crazy red head.DSC_0008 DSC_0009

We went back to the rig and the next thing you know it was time to eat again.  We broke out the grill and started cooking for us and Denny/Susie.  Greg and Terry-Lou stopped by so we threw some more beef on the grill.  We ate and had a merry time.  We were going to go the movies but ran out of time.  We decided to have our own movie theater.  We all watch “Old Dogs”.  What a hilarious movie.  We thought we were going to have to break out the “Depens” (diapers for old people) everybody was laughing so hard.  Robin Williams, John Trivoalto were the stars.

We all said good night and ended other adventure.

Earlier in the day I put two pork butts in the smoker so they will be done tomorrow plus I bought two more since they were back on sale.

See Ya………..

1 comment: