Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Butts

Susie went to the store and purchased two pork butts at $1 a pound the other day. That’s pretty good. Then today I taught Denny how to prepare them by rubbing the seasonings into them for smoking.  DSC_0004I guess you can sum it up and say that I taught Denny how to rub Susie’s butts.  Carol’s not here so I can say it. Their now in the smoker cooking for 22 hours.DSC_0003

I also did some rubbing yesterday on some ribs.  They have been chilling in the frig and are now cooking for tonight’s dinner. For lunch I made some Chicken & Sausage Gumbo using these ingredients.  Mark, Denny & Susie all really liked it.  I will add a few more special ingredients next time and I will be on the mark for what I call real gumbo.DSC_0001 

Here’s the freezer in the mobile.  That’s a lot of butt (60 lbs).  So, if I ever want to kick some butt I know where to go. DSC_0005

A frig takes on a new persona when a woman isn’t around.DSC_0002

DSC_0006

Here’s what I use for a rub on a butt.  One hot mamma!DSC_0007

Then a little something for those who want to spice it up!DSC_0008

For dinner we had the ribs.  I was going to take a picture but when they were ready to eat that’s just what we did.  Wayne, Beth, Denny & I couldn’t wait for the camera – it was chow time and it was good.  We all decided they were beef ribs and not pork ribs.

See Ya………………

No comments:

Post a Comment