Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chili Is Back

We started off this morning pretty normal – what ever that is.  Carol went to line dancing and I worked on the computer.  Then I got a bright idea which is rare according to most people.  Since it’s sweat shirt or coat weather, why not have chili for lunch and invite some friends over.  I haven’t made any chili in a long time.  So I asked Denny/Susie, they called Bernie/Carol, I called Sharon/Don and Mark.  OK I got the audience coming, time to cook the chili.  I went shopping downstairs which is RV talk for the basement of the RV.  Found several cans of expired (flavor) chili/tomatoes and beans.  Susie had some more beans. I went into Mom Hill’s mobile and got a big pot and poured everything in it.  Added a lot special seasonings, a couple of pounds of ground chuck and let er cook for about an hour and half.  This was woosey chili – nothing hot except the garlic and chili power.  Everybody added their own hot from my Tabasco collection.  Everybody said it was good and the women were glad I didn’t make it hot – woosey chili.DSC_0002

Susie has the kooties and didn’t want to spread them so she ate outside.  Mark had them at one time, then Denny had them and now Susie has them and she is just about over them.   DSC_0003

It was her request to set outside with the animals.DSC_0001

Lunch was over and we all talked and shared our stories as usual.  Before Mark left I gave him two lbs of crawfish and a package of Louisiana sausage.  He’s going to fix dinner for Thursday night and bring it over.  We then headed for the computer repair shop.  We picked up our field computer which I use for power point presentations at shows/rallies.  I don’t like using our main work computer for that stuff for obvious reasons.  The bill came to $225 for a new hard drive plus labor.  The storage went up to about 300 something GB.  No, a new computer is not cheaper.

Then we went to H.E.B. grocery store to soak up on their sale items.  We did pretty dog on good and it was fun, like a game trying to find all of the stuff.  Now we get to carry it around for a year or so – smile.

For dinner we had something that we hadn’t had for a long time – leftovers and a salad.

Oh, while Sharon was here for lunch she looked over my Blog and the problem of not being able to post comments.  Well, after several minutes she fixed it.  How – she is not sure but it’s working.  So if you want to leave comments go for it.  After you write them they come to me then I approve or disapprove for posting them.  Why do I need to approve them – because there are some idiots out there that like putting spam in on comments.  It’s that simple. So, you all go ahead and feel like putting a comment go ahead.  Or you can email me at rvschool@wizwire.com if you like.

See ya…………

5 comments:

  1. Okay, let's try this and make sure it *really* works!

    Thanks again for the awesome chili. I'm one woman who likes it hot - I'm going to get my own bottle of Habanero Tabasco after tasting yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis and Carol,
    I am posting this just to see if it will work for you! We are home in PA, NOT looking forward to winter weather. However, we will also be heading to Alaska in the spring, so we may see you on the road. We check your blog every morning and enjoy knowing what is going on with the RV crowd! Say hello to everyone for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am so glad you have comments now!! Did you remember your sign-in finally!! :)
    Keep us entertained, as always!! See you in a few days so save some of the grub!!! HUGS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Carol and Dennis: Love your blog Dennis. Can't wait for all of you to get out here in the desert. It has been a great fall out here. Say Hello to all our friends. Tell Susie to get over the kooties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous!! I wanna eat too! hopefully see you for Christmas! Love you guys! Love your daughter! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete