Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blue Ox or Demco Tow Bar

Back to the Blue Ox tow bar.  The new Demco Dominator tow bar just isn't getting it done. The bars do not release to take the tension off them so they can slide into the cylinders so you can pull the pin between the base plate and it. It another words you can’t relieve the tension to unhook. They replaced this high dollar tow bar once because of the same thing.  It is now in storage until they modify it again, if they do, and if I find out about it, and if they will replace this one, and too many if’s for sure.  I broke out the old Blue Ox and blew the dust off of it.  I had it rebuilt by Blue Ox just before retiring it earlier this year.  Denny & I tighten some of the bolts on it.  Just fine tuning it more than anything else.  What’s nice is that the Blue Ox tow bar aligns up to and hooks up to the Demco base plate on the car like it was made for it. I don’t want to fart around with a hitch while in Alaska.  If I have problems with it down here I know it would be a big problem up there.  The Blue Ox is off to Alaska for the third time for it.

I cleaned the smoker today getting ready to cook two more butts for this Sunday’s get together.  It’s for the RV Driving School students from Boot Camp that kick’s off today. We got a few students before and after the Book Camp.  Denny has been doing a great job with the students.

I also watched a video on Alaska today.  It was OK and I will probably watch it again. It showed some spots that I want to check out more.  I can watch it and say “Oh yea, we were there and what about….”

Anyhow, not much going on today.  Just playing in the Barn.  I got my “stuff” laying all around and it may not get touch for days, weeks, or even months.  That’s nice.

See ya…………….

No comments:

Post a Comment