Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wedding Prep Day – Daddy Pays

The morning started off with a slight haze.  I call it smog! That’s Admiral Baker Campground at the right side.DSC_0004

Our site is down at the V intersection.DSC_0003

Somewhere in the center of the turn. DSC_0001 

Carol and I went to the ATM because we know it was going to be the “Wedding Prep Day”.  I call it “Daddy Pays For It Day”.

Weddings - I think the dollar should grow on trees for all parents at this time.  It just seems appropriate.DSC_0006

Let’s see, the flowers are paid along with the cake ($). Time to go to the ATM again.

Now we arrange for the actual Wedding Area/Room.DSC_0006

It’s real nice.  It’s aboard the Coronado Naval Air Base.  Our daughter found herself a Navy man.  I guess all the Marines are overseas. Being a Air Base  means we will probably  get a fly over or two during the ceremony.  It will be outside on the beach about three hundred yards from the airstrip.  My imagination runs wild with all kinds of thoughts with this picture.

We left and went to another ATM because we are en route to the Bridal Store.  We got their and us guys were immediately rushed out.DSC_0006

The groom and I went to the Men’s Warehouse to see how much trouble we could get into with tuxedos.    We got some killer tuxedos.  The groom was very nice the way he was telling me not to get the all white tux because his bride to be wouldn’t like it.  Nor my second choice of all pink.  I have to pay for rental shoes!!! I really thought tennys would be fine.

DSC_0006

We then went back to the Bridal Store.DSC_0006

Then we went to the Tourist Ticket Office. It was next door to the ATM machine.  Our family (5) are flying in early Thursday and the fun will begin for all.  We are flying them from Baltimore to here (San Diego), got them 3 rooms at the Ramada plus a rental car.  We got tickets for a San Diego Bay Cruise for Thursday afternoon for nine of us.  Then it will be off to diner somewhere downtown. Where’s that’s ATM I need a big one!

DSC_0006

Now that the Bride, Groom & Dad are dressed we have to dress Mom of course.  So it’s off to Macy’s with a quick stop at the ATM.  I picked out the suit outfit and the groom picked out the blouse.  Yes, we had fun doing this.  Of course the women gave approval for all.  We had more than just fun, it was a riot selecting out the clothes.  I think the Macy’s personnel had fun watching us too.  Or was that security?  Where’s that dog on ATM?DSC_0006

Now it’s jewelry time.  OK why not…the guys again chose the jewelry.  We were fast and good…..DSC_0006  Ok I figured it was over.  Nope, Mom needed shoes.  How dumb of me to think we were done.  Where’s that ATM again.  We let the women choose the shoes.DSC_0006

I had been cooperating and being a good boy with everybody and not saying too much.  But you know me I liked to have fun.  Yes, my daughter dressed me in a nice tuxedo but I need to be just a little different – that’s me.  I asked if she wanted to have fun at their wedding and she did.  I wanted to wear bright ORANGE tennis shoes and she approved.  We went to four large shoe stores. They didn’t have my size or even close.  Oh well, it’s the thought that counts.

We went to one ATM and it was actually out of money.  I guess other people are getting married too.  I don’t even dare add this up and don’t think I ever will.  You know what they say, Memories are Priceless, especially with you have an ATM card.  I think this is what got the economy in trouble.

Well the day ended and I am broke.  You know, I think money has to grow on trees sometimes for those special occasions and this is one for sure.

See ya…………

No comments:

Post a Comment