Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oh Yea, Nails Day & Preping For Fun Day

Last night our next door Yo Yo decided to run his generator.  It was a loud one and it stunk.  I went over biting my tongue all the way.  I very pleasantly asked if there was an emergency.  He replied no, why?  I told him that his generator fumes were coming in my rig, it was loud and bothering nearby campers.  He said that he was exercising his generator like he is suppose to once a month.  I’m seeing red by now.  I informed him that he was not exercising properly because it was at an idle and that he needed to turn it off for safety reason - fumes.  He went on saying he worked 15 hours a day and this was the only time he could do it.  I explained to him that this was a RV park and generators are not ran in RV parks especially at night.  I got loud but not to the max.  Where’s Art Fennell when I need him. I told him that I was glad he is working and paying for my retirement and left.  I will go to the camp office and see what the policy is for running generators by working people in a recreational park.  I really get pissed off at these kind of people.  There is a difference of being ignorant and inconsiderate.  Ignorant people can be educated.  Inconsiderate people you put out of their unknown misery.

Next morning he threw some negative comments towards me when I was outside about “turning him in”.  I held up my hand and said “talk to this!”  I think he was a little upset. 

Stupid is - is stupid does…

Oh well. I then called the incident to management again and classified it as harassment. The manager came over.  He ensured me it wouldn’t happen again.  We talked. After realizing how much RVing we had done he wanted my opinion of his campground.  After about of a hour of walking part of his campground he had a lot better idea of how a small campground should be set up.  He even learned how to spell RV.  He didn’t know how to tell the difference between a gas and diesel rig nor the money investment in these over priced weapons of fun.

…So much for that part of today’s lesson.

 

Back to a lot more important things.  Today is Nail Day.  How could I ever forget about the necessity of nails for a wedding.  Weddings are just not covered in my RVing Essential Handbook Book.

So we head off to our first regular stop. DSC_0001

After the girls had their nails done it was time to go in search of my “special shoes” for my tuxedo.  We found them.  Enough said for now.  Then we needed to find a fun place for the pre wedding party.  The “kids” knew where to try out a fun place.  It’s called Dave and Busters.  This is really an adult Chucky Cheese place. They got high end video games, pool tables, a bar, and food.  What more could an adult (guys) want.  I voted for Hooters but got quickly out voted.  I guess this is pretty good place for second place.DSC_0019

Carol got right into it as our daughter walks by shaking her head saying,” I don’t know that lady.”DSC_0004 

And did Carol get into it!  She hasn't jumped that high since I proposed to her 38 years ago. Go for it girl!DSC_0006 

Of course she found the line dancing machine.  She drew a small crowd.  I didn’t even have to pay them that much.DSC_0008

Harley Davidson video game?  It was right next to the ATM there in the background.DSC_0007 

Sure, I remember falling off one of these things a couple of times in my younger years.DSC_0016

Jeff wanted to know where the speed rockets were.DSC_0017

Then there was the NASCAR machines.  The seats bumped and moved with my driving, cool….DSC_0009

Go fast – turn left.  NASCAR’s motto.  I think it’s San Diego’s drivers too!  This Dad is really getting into the turn here.  This is pretty neat stuff.DSC_0013 

NEED I SAY MORE!!!!!!DSC_0014 

Yes, this place will do just fine.  The men can play and the girls can watch the young guys go by….

See ya………. 

No comments:

Post a Comment