Friday, February 26, 2016

RV Sat Dish

Today is to start clean up from the raccoon that’s been invading my cooking space outside.  It left little greasy foot prints all around my Weber grill.  It was tasting the grease in the catcher underneath the Weber.  I think it liked it a lot.  The raccoon kept coming back and the mess just got bigger.DSC_0004DSC_0005DSC_0008

Oh well, it took about an hour or so, no bigee, BUT it’s all nice and clean.DSC_0016

Speaking of butt…. Next was a trip to H.E.B. for some more pork.  Glad we got the mobile frig.DSC_0009

I worked on getting the portable sat dish working.  We’re gonna use it in the little RV.  Hey, just hook up the cables to the dish and receiver and it would be done.  WRONG.  I spent a lot of time on the phone with Direct TV about hooking the HD receiver to a non HD sat dish.  Nothing gained with those people.  I switched cables and all that.  I then called Wingard about their portable sat dish called a Walkabout that I have.  These people are good.  Bottom line…not working.  The only thing they said was to send it them to test/repair ($) OR borrow another receiver from someone and try it.  I tried our Direct TV receiver to the TV afterwards just to make sure it still worked like before all this and it did.  I was told that our model of Direct TV receiver H24 was kinda of a hit & miss.  I think it’s about 3-4 years old when they really stated coming out with the HD.  Any other model of receiver should work if it’s not the sat dish itself.  O.K. that will go on a back burner for awhile but in the mean time the mobile is a mess.  The dish is on the left there but I did have it outside next to the permanent HD dish.DSC_0011DSC_0013DSC_0015Since we live in the big RV it’s OK to have the mobile a little trashed sometimes.  At least that’s how I think.  Right Carol ?

Next was to put 10 chairs and our fire ring into the car and head for Mark’s.  He’s having a Remembrance gathering for his sister Gail who passed away Monday.DSC_0017

Mark has some pictures of his and Gail’s family up on a lighted display board.  That was neat.  Gail’s daughter and husband flew in from New York.  If I had to guess how many friends showed up it would have to be 50+.  It was nice……….

See ya…..