Thursday, October 30, 2014

That’s What I’m Talking About

DSC_0004

This is probably one of the best smoked porks I’ve done if I say so myself.  We had a few people over to help test it.DSC_0002 DSC_0005 DSC_0009

Before all this, things were happening.  I drove 50 miles south to a Harley dealer.  Talk about a kid in a candy store.  I tried to buy a Harley.  I refused their offer.  In turn, they refused my offer.  Oh well, it wasn’t meant to be because…later……

Since it’s Thursday it’s time for La Colona.  It’s a little Mexican restaurant that a few of us eat lunch at on Thursdays.  I drove straight there and just barely made it.  It was great….food and friends…

After lunch I then drove to the Conroe Harley dealer.  My clutch part that I ordered last week was in.  It’s another 50 miles one way.  I picked it up with no problem.  Then as I started to leave I saw this nice Harley that was a real looker.  I slobbered all over this bike.  I stayed an extra hour talking to the general manager.  No I didn’t buy it!  Just talked.

I got back at Livingston just a little bit before our little get together.  Carol had just about set everything up.  We talked about the Harley I had seen.  I think she could see me still slobbering.  Then I made THE phone call….

Friends started to arrive.  I think everyone enjoyed being part of a small group.  We could all talk with each other.  Oh yea, the pork.  Mac loved the bark which is his favorite by far.  I think Sue got a hot piece of bark and choked some……ooops.  

Mark called…couldn’t make it.  He did say he would be over first thing in the morning so we could put the bike back together.  He said for me not to touch it till he gets here.  Darn, I hate it when people are right. 

“We’re having pork sliders for lunch right?” Mark remarked.

Oh, I got an appointment at the Conroe Harley dealer at 10 AM Saturday.  Hopefully not to get any more parts.vp3956082_3_large[1] Hey, don’t let a kid go to the candy store alone!!!!  It’s just like my 1985 Harley but only 27 years newer (2012).  It’s been lowered about 3 inches by the dealer for the previous owner.  3,100 miles.  Never been in the rain, etc, etc…..  I did get it wet with me standing near it.  Not sure if I was slobbering or marking my area.

See ya…….