Monday, July 6, 2015

This And That

Well, yes, another blog finally.  When we set still for awhile I just don’t like doing a blog about really nothing.  You know, I got up, ate, walked around, ate, went to the store, ate, watched TV, ate and went to sleep.  Yes, that is boring.

So here’s the boring blog for the last few days.  I got up, walked around, ate, went to the grocery stores, ate and watched some TV, etc….

Oh yea,  the 4th I talked Carol in riding the Harley trike to downtown Livingston.  They were having a little ohh rah in the park.  We got there and it wasn’t crowded at all.  A few other bikes were there representing a youth club and all that kinda of stuff.  We had some dogs and enjoyed watching the kids & grown ups doing what families do at these free things.  They had the big air things for the kids to climb into.

Then it was time to get back because the clouds were getting real dark.  We didn’t make it and the clouds opened up and let us know that we should not have gone riding today.  It poured.  We just had to laugh about it.  Got back to the rig and the trike  went into the barn and we changed our clothes.  Later I wiped down the trike.  You know that’s twice I've been in caught in the rain the last couple of weeks.  I’m starting to learn the ins and outs of driving a motorcycle in the rain.  Yea, like don’t do it!

I had set up my tent early in the morning and sprayed some waterproof stuff on it to help later this month.  Mark & I will be doing another week on the bikes doing the Blue Ridge Parkway.  I’ve practiced riding in the rain so I figure I might as well be prepared to sleep in it too.  It continued to pour when we got back from our ride.DSC_0001 DSC_0002 DSC_0007

That all happened the afternoon of the 4th of July.  That evening it stopped raining.  We watched the fireworks on TV.  You know we’ve seen our share of fireworks.  We’ve been on our boat setting in the Baltimore Harbor, in our own backyard, in our home on Bolling AFB in DC and watched them, Gillette, WY during a RV rally, Lake Havasu, AZ to name most of the big ones.  They were all great.

Friday I got out our old fold up bicycles.  All tires were flat, and the bikes were dusty, and dirty as hell.  Well, the tires held air and a quick dusting with a rag took care of most of the dirt.  Carol & I rode them around the block.  At least I attempted to.  The road started a slight incline as did my heart rate and breathing.  I had to get off and walk.  Boy, am I out of shape.  There’s only one thing to do.  Yepper, put the bikes away!DSC_0010

See ya……