Monday, June 3, 2013

Nice Drive

We pulled out of our site at the Air Force Base about 8 AM with about 330 miles to go.  Before we even got off base we met our first screw ball driver.  I’m in a left turn only lane and a bozo turns left with me from the right lane (straight lane only!).  Scared the boo out of me when I realized what he was doing half way thru the turn.  I almost ran into to him with my wide turn.  The bozo.  He heard my Bradley horns for sure.  I could have called the military police and had him issued a ticket but I wasn’t going thru the hassle for me.  Yes that is how it can be done aboard a base.  Rank rules! Anyhow….We headed north on I-84 to Pocatello.  Then I-15 to Idaho Falls, route 26 east to Alpine then route 89 south to Thayne, WY.  As soon as I pulled into the park I gained 5 pounds.  Here are some pics along the nice drive… the wind was at our backs and the fuel mileage was up all day.  It was a very relaxing drive.DSC_0002 DSC_0004

 

First stop was Blue Beacon to get my free wash from their last screw up.  You know I think I’m gonna have to stop going to Blue Beacon.  For a free wash it was just OK.  Need I say more.DSC_0005

Near Idaho Falls we pulled into a big truck stop and got fuel for $3.86 a gallon.  That’s pretty good for Idaho and no additional charge for charging it.  I had 775 miles on the tank and took on 107 gallons.  I wasn’t even at a quarter tank yet.  I could have gone an easy 900 miles on this 150 gallon tank.

DSC_0007

Do you want white meat or dark meat?DSC_0008 DSC_0011 DSC_0018 DSC_0020 DSC_0029

I wonder if the fire department had to buy this shell of an airplane to practice.   I wonder if they got burnt on the deal…..DSC_0012 DSC_0026 DSC_0027 DSC_0031 DSC_0038 DSC_0042

Dave and Brenda Neil met us at the front office.  We followed them to their extra RV site and Carol parked the Beast (pics tomorrow).  We got set up and then went over to Dave & Brenda’s  friends for dinner.  Their went that diet.  It was so good..ribs, shrimp gumbo, crab soup and so on….  I think they do get togethers every two days.  We were informed of Wednesday & Friday meals. 

My laptop screen has a purple racing stripe in it now.  I’ve turned the computer off and on several times and it’s still there.  Oh well, I can read everything fine it just looks a little out of place.  I wonder if I can change the color of it.  I like orange and could live with that rather than purple.

See ya….