The Beast spent the day in the hospital. One slideout was just staring to scratch the tile floor in a real small area. The doc decided that readjusting the slide out would be significant. They operated. The operation was successful but complications set in shortly there after. The sensor for the slideout locking devices was out of whack due to the adjustment. The doc had to call in a specialist and he will be ready tomorrow. The Beast will have to spend the night in the hospital.
Yesterday I fixed a problem that Cummins, Spartan or even Newmar couldn’t fix. While driving the engine would cut off ever so often. I would have to pull over to the side of the road and go back to the rear compartment and slap a fuse box. Duhhhhhh, must be a connection in the fuse box. Well, nobody could fix it. Almost three years of the engine shutting down when ever it decided. Well, it did it again and I was setting on the lot and had time to “play” with it. It turned out to be a loose fuse holder for one fuse in the fuse box. There’s about a 100 wires running into this box with about 30 fuses of different sizes/types. I found the ‘ONE”. I fixed it temporary and in the next few weeks I will fix it better.
Now you say why are spending this money/time on the Beast when it’s basically already traded in. AND we walked away from one deal already. It’s still ours until we hand the keys over. Plus, I feel more comfortable trading in something in that I know is a good coach for the next RVer. That’s just the way we are. Even when we traded in the Phaeton it had no known problems just a lot of continued fixed problems.