Saturday, September 14, 2013

Hitch Up

This is my spare kit for towing.  It just accumulates over the years.  Everything is a double and for hitches I don’t even have anymore.  I’m the go to guy when it comes to losing something on the road.DSC_0001

I had to install a 12’ extension bar to our receiver.  I had to do this to have the rock shield netting away from the exhaust pipe.  Otherwise it would have melted it.DSC_0003

Here’s a better close up of it.  This reduces the towing capacity.  I would say it’s down to 5,000 lbs now.  The Jeep probably weighs about 3,500 lbs.  I knew exactly when I was doing all this year.  As you can see everything is heavy duty.DSC_0002 

I have no movement in the tow bar receivers.  I have three tighting devices installed.  My tow bar does not move AT ALL. DSC_0005

I don’t like that slop of it moving around like almost hitches do.  It’s not just pull a pen and slide it out.  It takes me about 20 minutes with tools to remove my tow bar assembly from the motorhome.  DSC_0004

You know what, the peace of mind is priceless.

See ya…..