Sunday, November 21, 2010

Short Trip – Broke Door & Water, Water

We decided not to hook up the carfor the 25 miles south to Betty’s.  We know there isn’t much room to unhook there with her park so full. We left about 10:30 or so.  Denny & Susie left about about 10 and Sharon & Don will leave shortly after us.  Betty called us and wanted us to come in separately due to the tight parking.  Well, about 10 miles out Carol was following me and started flashing her lights at me.  I pulled over.  One of the Farton’s doors was swinging open.  It’s a door I’ve had problems with before.  Nothing that a hammer and a few precision hits on the locking bar couldn’t fix.  Back on the road again.  We get to Betty’s and Denny is setting on the side of the road – kinda and now I’m stopped in the road.  We’re both waiting for two rigs two come out so we can go in – that’s tight.  They came out within a few minutes and I was asked to go around Denny and go in first because of my site assignment.  I pulled in and backed in to our site.  I usually don’t back in because Carol prefers to back in and me guide her. The more experienced driver should be outside and it works great for us.  Anyhow, I got in backed in with no problem and out of the way for Denny to come in now.  Again, no problem for them.  Then we noticed the darn cat had jumped out of the driver window that I left open to look out when I backed up.  The little hussy wouldn’t let us catch her.  After about a half hour of playing cat & mouse, she let Denny catch her.  During this time Sharon & Don came in.  They had to wait for their boone docking spot due to a fifth wheeler having trouble backing.  He finally got in with about 3 or 4 for chiefs (part of the problem) and then they got into their spot.  Big Art & Caroline were already here and they too are boone docking.

OK now it’s NASCAR race time – last race of the year.  It wasn’t the best race of the year but it was pretty good.  During this time Carol’s brother and girl friend came in.  Easy parking job in their 25’ fifth wheel.  Back to the racing then it was over.

Now it’s 4 o’clock and time to socialize.  Seems like we were divided into two groups in the patio – the Escapees group and non Escapees group. Our group tried to be friendly but it just didn’t work out.  Anyhow, I was going back to my rig for a refill and noticed my neighbor had a real nice looking Country Coach.  It looked real clean and I know it was getting cleaner.  How, well water was coming out of all of their compartments and a lot of it.  I rush backed to the patio and told the “other” group that someone left their water on in their coach and it was running out.  They just sat their like a bunch of stumps on a log.  I got a little more louder and more descriptive and things started to hop then.  One guy jumped up and said a few selected words and trotted over to his coach. Trotting was doing real good for this guy.  He headed for the water cut off and shut it down.  I then suggested for him to release the air (air leveling) on one side of the coach to have the majority of the water to run out on one side (tilted) and he did.  He opened his door and it was like a creek in early spring.  The water came out like a water falls.  I looked in – the sculptured carpet was really soaked.  I estimate about 1/4 inch to half inch of water covering on the floor/carpet in his rig.  Since I did the same thing several days ago but not even close to this, I feel pretty dog on good.  When you think you screwed up pretty bad – wait, someone will do you one better sooner or later.  This was pretty soon so I was really lucky.

Dinner time – we went to Popeye’s so I could have my crawfish special.  Denny & Susie had chicken.  “Love that chicken from Popeye’s.”  You all are singing that, right!

Back to the rig and we watched Sahara Palin and her Alaska adventures on the Travel channel. It will come on I think 6 more times on Sunday evenings.  It’s pretty good.  Plus we watched Undercover Boss.  We enjoy that one too.

Bed time….See Ya………..

No comments:

Post a Comment