Monday, November 15, 2010

Moan & Groan Club

It rained hard last night.  Our bedroom slide leak came back but we were prepared.  We put a rag where it leaks and lay the other end of the rag in a bowl.  The rag gets wet and then the water goes into the bowl rather the floor.  Bob Tiffin says they will put the RV in their rain booth after they repair it again at Tiffin when we return there next month.  RVers learn how to fix things one way or another for sure – we have too!  Nobody likes fixing things because they should last forever right?  But things brake or come loose and some times they are easy and some times we have to brake out the charge card.  We don’t having trouble finding somebody to repair something.  The hard part is trusting someone to repair it right and charging accordingly.  We have been duped not only while RVing but life in general.  That’s just part of life.DSC_0001

 

“Oh no, their back again”.  This waitress knows this old bunch of guys.DSC_0003

Every Monday these mostly retired men (RVers) get together down at the local cafe called the Whistle Stop in downtown Livingston.  It starts at 8 o’clock.  We got there at 7:20 – the usual Escapees time.  We didn’t order until about 8.  The ladies got there Stitch and Bitch Club.  Us men got our Moan & Groan Club.DSC_0002We talked about everything including Sarah Palin.  Her special on Alaska this past Sunday evening was outstanding.  She really loves Alaska as most Alaskan's do.  Almost as much as Texans love their state.  I think she has 7 or 8 more shows and I got the VCR on record for all of them.  If you watch you will learn why we are going back to Alaska again!

Oh, my Dr’s office called.  They said the Cat scan of my head “showed nothing”.  Well, it’s official, my head is empty.  Is this where the term “air head” comes in. We’re still waiting for the “special” blood test results.

I lost/misplaced my driver license and military ID over the weekend.  I found them on my desk today.  My desk was pretty cluttered and I did look twice.  Carol says I have to move stuff around to actually look.  Huh, learn something knew as a guy every day.  Lucky we got these women who are constantly telling us something new. Either that or I forget what she is telling me. I’ve been doing a lot of not remembering lately.  Must be a guy thing.

Well, my broke computer is officially broke again.  I broke the hard drive somehow by only using it. It will be $275 to get it up and running it again. Yes, I know that is high but……….I need it for work (seminars) and a new one does cost more. I pick it up tomorrow. They’re going to try and fix a key on the keyboard also.

I went to Lowe’s and bought a small 12 volt impact/drill with those dere lithium batteries (Bosch). It gets rare that I want to fix something and then the charge on the drill is dead.  Now, I can’t use that as an excuse for not fixing/tighten something.

Oh, I got a turkey from Walmart for 22 cents a pound.  I showed them a complicated ad for turkey ad H.E.B. and they said we (Walmart) will sell you a turkey for 22 cents a pound.  I went and got the biggest one they had. It was about $3.50.  I’m gonna smoke that baby the day after we get back from a week at Betty’s down in Louisiana.  We leave this Friday for Lafayette then go to Betty’s (Abbeville) on Sunday.  It will be time to brake out “The Whale” (500mm lens) on one of those dere swamp tours. I also got a ham that I might smoke now and take with us.  Carol wants that ham smoked (brownie points).

Remember the comment section is still broke. In other words I don’t know how to complete the process.  You can send me a comment but I’m unable to post it.

Well, it’s 3:30 AM - time to end this and work on our Alaska trip some more….

See ya…………

No comments:

Post a Comment