Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Checking Tire Pressure - Again

It’s time to check the RV tire pressure since we are leaving Friday.  I plugged in the Pressure Pro into the 12V socket.  All the tires are between 92 and 94 lbs.  It’s 6:30 AM and the temp is 45 degrees.  I want to get the tires up to about 100 lbs in this temperature range.  I got a small portable air pump that barely goes to 100 lbs.  I don’t want to use the RV engine air compressor.  People don’t like you to turn your diesel engine on at 6 AM.  I don’t either.  It’s bad enough this little portable air compressor makes some noise.  If I wait until later in the day then the tire pressure will go up to about 95 lbs. and the little compressor can’t pump them up higher.  That’s one reason why I pumped them up in cold temperatures – the air pump can pump them up more.  I’m (tires) OK at 95 lbs, and a lot better at a 100 plus.  These tires are 120 PSI so I have a lot of room.  RV weight wise the tires should be about 95 PSI at 60 degrees or so and that’s about where I’m at now.  That’s why I want to goose it up a little for a larger safety margin.  We will also travel with less water (until Alaska) and less “stuff”.  Also,  I have rearranged the underneath to spread the weight more appropriately.  Neil would be proud for sure.  Maybe tomorrow morning for the actual work now that I have figured out what I want to do.  Figure it out one day and work on it another day – that’s my lazy motto.

Well, now that I bored a number of you with that, on to the rest of the day.  Denny/Susie, Don/Sharon and usins went and saw Secretariat at the movies.  It was a OK movie.  Trouble is, you know the ending – Secretariat wins.  It’s history and that aspect of it and learning the details was pretty neat.

For dinner, Don & Sharon fixed spaghetti. The sauce was really outstanding.  The rest of us fixed the trimmings.  It was a joint adventure that was real good.  We sat out under the stars at our place while we ate.  The setting was great.  The temperature was near perfect just a we bit nippy later on.  We fixed the world problems and then went our ways.

Tomorrow will be a get down and get dirty day – unless I get side tracked that is. 

Mark is the cook tomorrow night.

See ya.

2 comments:

  1. We'll be cleaning our MH today. Feel free to drop by and lend a hand. I'm sure you could do a great job on the wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys need to rent the movie Grown Ups! Its hilarious!! Love ya! Oh and I'm not annoymous anymore! Check out the name! :-)

    ReplyDelete