Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday Night Out on the Town

Don’t remember what I did yesterday morning but I did something.  Around noon I took the pork butt out of the smoker after 22 hours of cooking.  Then I put another two in the smoker and started working on the ones I took out.  After taking the pork out, it takes me about 2 hours to get it ready for the freezer.  From 13 lbs of fresh port butt I got 5 lbs of ever so good smoked pork. Yes there is a lot of fat that is cooked away.  I guess that is why it’s so expensive to buy it cooked.  This batch I prepared for barbeque rather than just pulled pork.  I use a little more finely chopped pork crust in it for more flavor.  When it’s all said and done I will have to have about 25 lbs of prepared smoked pork to take to Quartzsite for our little get together again.

Anyhow, Sharon & Don arrived over here at Rainbow’s End and came over and visited.  Don was a little under the weather.  He’s recovering from his battle with a ladder that he lost. 

We went to the Escapees 4 o’clock. It was entertaining.  We also paid for our tickets to go to the Liberty Opry Show – the 50’s & 60’s.   Denny/Susie and Carol & I got our tickets from the solos who had a few extra reservations.

DSC_0001

On the way there, at routes 146 & 150 is this cafe.  Best hamburger I’ve had in a long time.  Outstanding pies. DSC_0003

It’s old opry theater and it’s pretty cool.DSC_0005 DSC_0010 DSC_0011 DSC_0012 DSC_0014

What can I say.        DSC_0015

Dog on if Elvis didn’t come out of retirement.  Not bad looking for about 80 something.   It was fun and the cost was $11. It’s hard to beat that. It was about 2 plus hours of fun..DSC_0017 DSC_0019 DSC_0024

DSC_0026

DSC_0031

We got back about 10:30 PM I think. Thanks goodness Denny was driving because I was sleeping. I just can’t stay awake in a car.  Put me in an RV and I ‘m good for about 12-15 hours if need be.

Just another day in the neighborhood of RVing.

See ya………….

1 comment: