Saturday, November 20, 2010

Giddy Up & Go

Denny/Susie and Carol & I left about 8AM.  Don & Sharon stayed in Livingston a little loner to get weighed by the new Escapees SmartWeigh.

En route we found a little unused lot that we took a short brake in.  DSC_0002

I took off the Demco tow bar in Livingston and installed this 5 year old Blue Ox before we left.  I’m tired of farting with the Demco not unlocking properly. Just so happens this blue Ox lined up perfectly like it was meant to be.  Yea – something went right. DSC_0001

It was a little foggy when we first go to Louisiana but cleared up later.DSC_0006

This must be a Texas crawfish that migrated.DSC_0007

After a few construction zones and some heavy traffic and 225 miles we arrived at a Passport America park called Maxxies in Broussard, LA.  the park was 50 AMP FHU for $14 a night.  It’s not a destination park.  It’s a park to go and do/see other things.  I did lock our compartments for this first time in a long long time. No security and park next to a very well travel double lane road.

Low and behold who pulled up but Bob & Molly.  What a surprise.  We weren’t expecting to see them until about Monday/Tuesday at Betty’s RV Park in Abbeville.

Carol has to tell them “where to go”.DSC_0008 DSC_0009

The girls are pointing at Denny and he’s saying ”What I got food on my shirt again. Can we go eat lunch while I still have a clean shirt.”DSC_0016

So we jumped in our cars and headed for Poche’s Restaurant in Breaux Bridge.  This was my recommendation so I was on the hot seat.  None of us had been there.  We got there about 1:30 and got our Cajun food fix for sure.  Wow, was it ever good.

We got back about 3PM and Don & Sharon had arrived and was set up.  We all BS’ed for awhile and then our own thing for dinner.  Later in the evening I need my Popeye’s Crawfish fix.  I found one nearby and Denny & Susie went with us.  We got there and was told they had stopped their crawfish special that day.  Talk about popping my bubble.  I really liked their new crawfish dinner.  We stopped at the store and got some ice cream and went to Bob/Molly’s place.  We want all wanted to share our adventures.  Plus we owed them ice cream from a kangaroo court settlement back in Goshen.  I still think that court was fixed – duhhhh.

We all decided that leaving at 6:45 AM the next morning was necessary for our next adventure which was going to be a Zydeco one.  We now have eight people so it WILL BE FUN!

See Ya………..

No comments:

Post a Comment