Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hot Air…..

Today I aired up the coach’s tires so they would match the extra weight we had gained over the past two years.  The handy dandy tire chart said to air them up to 95 lbs.  I started before the sun shined on them.  It was about 50 degrees out which is good.  I got one of those WalMart compressors that are suppose to pump up to 100 lbs.  Well, maybe 95 lbs would be best when you are done taking it off and testing.  Anyhow, I got them up to that and a little more.  They are all (6) resting between 96 and 99 lbs at 60 degrees air temp (next morning).  I will try to boost them all as close as I can to 100 lbs.  lnext month when it gets colder.  It’s easier to inflate large tires with small compressors in cold weather. My front tires show just a little wear on the inside and outside tread.  To me this means the tire were a little under inflated for the load.  This should be  OK now.  They have 53K miles on them and are looking real good.  They’re dated March 2008.  We will probably wear them out before the 6-7 years are up when they should be replaced by date.  The last rear axle Michelins we had on our coach wore out at about 70K and the fronts looked good but they were at that age so we replaced them.  We put 50K on those Toyo’s and they didn’t show any wear when we traded the coach in.

Today I also continued moving/taking “stuff” out from underneath that we haven’t seen or used in the past year.  If you haven’t used it or seen it in a year – why are we carrying it.  It just ain’t worth it.  The heavy items I moved to the left side towards the rear because we are real heavy on the right rear. Normal for a Phaeton, this year/model. 

We went out to Buster McNutty’s for dinner with Wayne/Beth and Denny/Susie.  They got some awesome big onion rings.  The best I’ve ever had.  they have a kick butt hamburger too.  It was Susie’s birthday and I think she enjoyed herself.  We went back to our place and had ice cream and cake and sung Happy Birthday.

See Ya………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment