Friday, July 22, 2011

Alaska Day 68 Paxson Lake

I woke up about 5 AM to 38 degrees outside and about 50 inside today.

Back to yesterday. We arrived at BLM Paxson Lake. Even though it’s BLM land we still had to pay $6 (Golden Access). Here it’s worth it. I don’t like paying for staying ON MY LAND! Anyhow, when Gary & Mary arrived they got stuck with my guidance. No bigee, been there done that. We dug a little and he was out before the sun went down…smile… It’s an Alaska joke. It seems like the sun don't go down it just get’s duller at night. It’s morning when it’s brighter out.

During our social hour a lot of little things happened.  We had two squirrels finding on our picnic table along with a bird stealing peanuts & crackers.  They were all thieves.  Pat & Jim showed up looking like to foreign visitors with their netting.  Jim had a hard time snacking. He would forget he had the net on and tried to eat cheese several times. It was funny as hell. then a squirrel jumped in his lap…Oh what fun.. Here are some pics..DSC_0125 DSC_0129 DSC_0131 DSC_0141 DSC_0145

These aren’t planes flying around.DSC_0146 DSC_0147 DSC_0152

Gary got stuck with my guidance….Don & I got him out no problem… DSC_0097DSC_0095 DSC_0108

 

You won’t see this to often – a shovel in my hand!DSC_0116

 

Now back to today, Friday….We finally went kayaking in Alaska.  Don, Sharon & Carol…Oh so beautiful..watchSDC11814

They didn’t want to kayak to the glacier!SDC11817

A watchful eye of a Golden EagleSDC11825 SDC11830 SDC11833

 

I decided to go to the other side of the lake.  No other takers.SDC11834 SDC11836 

On the other side of the lake I found tracks. These are moose tracks and they are under water. To the left is a cloud reflection on the water.SDC11839 SDC11840

And then there was this track. It’s a fresh grizzly track. I left very quickly after this because I was about to leave my own tracks.SDC11837

The reflections of the clouds on the water I think are so cool. This water was calm…SDC11841

About 6:30 PM Larry & Marilyn came rolling in.  They had a long trip from Anchorage but they wanted to be with the loosey goosey Last Frontier Gang.

Alls well and calm…see ya….

No comments:

Post a Comment