Thursday, July 14, 2011

Alaska Day 60 Denali Last Day

60 days – two months since leaving Dawson Creek May 15th. It continues to be a great adventure for us.

It’s a “us” day.  We are doing things around the RV that need attention. I got up on the roof and cleaned the solar panels. They had some dust and water on them.  I should get a little better amperage now if the sun would come out for a little bit longer.  Then it was time to reorganize my big grill/chair compartment.  The chairs have been hard to get out so I reorganized it again.  I think I got it now.  I checked over the cameras and cleaned them. I straighten up my messy desk by hiding stuff in cabinets/drawers.

I worked on our schedule for Oct-Nov.  The RVIA Pomona Show in LA have decided that they no longer need us to educate RVers about safe driving. A new head guy came in and determined that. The RV School has been doing that show for about 15 years or so, educating RVers. Always getting high praise.  Well, priorities change. That means we don’t have to rush out to California in October anymore.  We will replace that show with another show probably.  So, those of you that were planning to come by and see us at the Pomona Show, we won’t be there.

Back to the present. Carol did the laundry over at the campground check in center.  She said the washers and dryers were real good and and a good price. She went for walks in the local area.

It was a lazy day and much needed by us. We watched the RVers come and go which is entertainment as usual.

Carol & and I went for our last walk in Denali National Park. Then we started a fire and and smores.  The little green man wanted one too.  He’s are buddy.DSC_0003

Denali National Park was real nice as usual. It was our fourth visit.

Tomorrow we make our way up above Fairbanks. 

See ya…………….

No comments:

Post a Comment