Thursday, November 13, 2014

Eat Out Day….

Hey, it’s friggin cold.  What happened to the global warming stuff?  At our rig it was 36 degrees outside Thursday morning.  Friday morning it was 29 degrees.  Hey, OK, I now remember what cold was.

When you are cold, bored, down and out, lift up your head and shout,  “Hey, lets eat out.” 

OK kids, what time is it?  No it’s not Howdy Doody time.  It’s La Colona time.  Every Thursday a few of us get together for lunch at the small Mexican restaurant down the road…the orange old building that most people would not stop at.  Today we had a bunch of people.  Here’s what was left when it ended.DSCN0469

 

Then for dinner it was over to Mark’s for some smoked brisket, some cheers and good friends…. Mark puts this dinner on for those people that helped with the Escapees Boot Camp.   I think the number count was 16.  Here’s some of the people. DSCN0471 DSCN0472

While there I misplaced my keys.  We gave a look but didn’t find them.  Hopefully they will show up.  We used Carol’s keys and went on home.

Earlier in the day I ordered some leather chaps for riding.  Now I will have long johns, levis and leather chaps.  That should do it for kinda cold weather motorcycling.  That’s in the low 50s.  I got the heavy winter gloves and a heavy work coat.  I even got a full face winter neoprene ski face mask if need be.  I think those will be short trips.  Hey, no bugs so I can smile going down the road.

See ya……